Community Forum

Why am I being charged $70 for a useless, late service fee?

New Poster

Why am I being charged $70 for a useless, late service fee?

I called comcast customer support to address an intermittent signal drop issue with my comcast internet service. They were unable to fix the issue over the phone, so they sent a technician. The tech was late, useless, and resolved nothing. 

A month later I see a $70 charge on my bill. What??? At no point in this chain of events did ANYONE say I was going to get charged for a service call. The guy on the phone should DEFINITELY have said, "I can schedule for $70..."

What gives? Comcast customer service seemed to be on the upswing but this is a huge disappointment.

New Poster

Re: Why am I being charged $70 for a useless, late service fee?

I have NEVER been told I was being charged for a service call and have been charged every time. If I am paying monthly to "rent" their equipment, I expect it serviced for free when it fails. Comcast disappoints. Every. Single. Time.

Official Employee

Re: Why am I being charged $70 for a useless, late service fee?

Hello Eric222. Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post.

Comcast does not charge for service visits needed to repair Comcast-owned facilities or equipment rented to you by Comcast. Charges may apply for service visits when Comcast-owned facilities or equipment rented to you by Comcast are not the source of the problem with your service. For instance, you may incur a charge for a service visit by a technician to your home in order to diagnose and repair problems with the In-Home Wiring used with your Xfinity services, or for the diagnosis of issues relating to the connection between Customer Equipment and your Xfinity services.

I can assist with reviewing your recent technician visit and the charge you were assessed. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!