Community Forum

Why Can't We Change Our Plan Online

New Poster

Why Can't We Change Our Plan Online

It's terrible having to go through a customer service rep. We can't see the total bill and the break down of the charges. THAT'S WHAT COMCAST WANTS.

As a new customer, I didn't know much mbps I needed, so the customer service rep recommended the plan for 150 mbps, $82/month. I tried it out for 2 months and realized that I only needed 60 mbps/month. I called in after finding a plan for only internet and no TV at 60 mbps, $30 / month. The rep said the only available deal was $50 / month and the one that I found was only available for new customers. But I am a new customer, I was only testing out for two months  to see what speed I needed since it's impossible to know otherwise. EVEN IN THE FIRST TWO MONTHS, YOU CAN'T DOWNGRADE WITHOUT LOSING YOUR NEW CUSTOMER STATUS FOR PACKAGE PLANS. Why would they let you downgrade, when they already have you LOCKED IN a terrible deal. YOU ARE PENALIZED ONCE YOU LOCK IN A DEAL. COMCAST DOESN'T CARE AS LONG AS THEY GET THEIR $$$ FOR THE 12 MONTHS. This is NOT how to run a business to retain customers but Comcast could care less. 

Expert

Re: Why Can't We Change Our Plan Online

@vycatur wrote:

It's terrible having to go through a customer service rep. We can't see the total bill and the break down of the charges. THAT'S WHAT COMCAST WANTS.

As a new customer, I didn't know much mbps I needed, so the customer service rep recommended the plan for 150 mbps, $82/month. I tried it out for 2 months and realized that I only needed 60 mbps/month. I called in after finding a plan for only internet and no TV at 60 mbps, $30 / month. The rep said the only available deal was $50 / month and the one that I found was only available for new customers. But I am a new customer, I was only testing out for two months  to see what speed I needed since it's impossible to know otherwise. EVEN IN THE FIRST TWO MONTHS, YOU CAN'T DOWNGRADE WITHOUT LOSING YOUR NEW CUSTOMER STATUS FOR PACKAGE PLANS. Why would they let you downgrade, when they already have you LOCKED IN a terrible deal. YOU ARE PENALIZED ONCE YOU LOCK IN A DEAL. COMCAST DOESN'T CARE AS LONG AS THEY GET THEIR $$$ FOR THE 12 MONTHS. This is NOT how to run a business to retain customers but Comcast could care less. 

At two months you're no longer considered a new customer; you are now an established customer so you would not get a "new customer" price/promotion.  You are able to downgrade, but you can't get a new customer pricing/promotion.

When you first sign up you have 30 days to try out the service.  However, you're not considered a new customer once you establish service.  So, trying out something for two months doesn't really exist.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!