Community Forum

When will we be able to change plans or activate devices again.

New Poster

When will we be able to change plans or activate devices again.

So Friday i called to change my plan because the cost is ridiculous, first rep tried to put me into a more expensive plan so i requested to just terminate. Retention rep said that Comcast is doing a billing system over haul and there are currently no promotions available and i could not activate my customer owned modem right now. When will this be resolved? when will the web site be able to make account changes again?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: When will we be able to change plans or activate devices again.

@duck9191 wrote:

So Friday i called to change my plan because the cost is ridiculous, first rep tried to put me into a more expensive plan so i requested to just terminate. Retention rep said that Comcast is doing a billing system over haul and there are currently no promotions available and i could not activate my customer owned modem right now. When will this be resolved? when will the web site be able to make account changes again?

What was it you requested to "just terminate"?  If you terminated your entire account, there isn't any way to reactivate your modem - or service.  Your entire account has been canceled.  To compound the problem you won't be able to start service again for at least a month.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

duck9191, thanks for reaching out here on the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the account, and I'd be happy to help get this resolved with you. Please send me a PM with your first/last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I requested, IE give me to a retentions rep. Nothing has been cancelled YET. obviously if the account is terminated i would have zero desire to activate new equipment.

Official Employee

Hi, duck9191. If you went ahead and sent that PM to ComcastAlly, she should be getting back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I sent a meassage to on the 22nd with no response yet.

Official Employee

duck9191, my apologies for the delay. I just responded back to your PM. Please get back to me there when you can. Thank you!