Community Forum

When does Autopay step in?

New Poster

When does Autopay step in?

So a few weeks ago, I got a personalized video about my bill.  The video said that autopay was set to pay the alotted amount today, July 4th 2018. It is currently 4:45 PM central time, and it has not payed yet.  I am starting to get very concerned.  When does Autopay usually take effect? Any help would be appriciated.

Expert

Re: When does Autopay step in?

@fische431 wrote:

So a few weeks ago, I got a personalized video about my bill.  The video said that autopay was set to pay the alotted amount today, July 4th 2018. It is currently 4:45 PM central time, and it has not payed yet.  I am starting to get very concerned.  When does Autopay usually take effect? Any help would be appriciated.

It usually kicks in within 2 - 3 bills after signing up for Autopay.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Ok, so if I started service last may, should this one be covered by the autopay? or would I have to go through my currently nonfunctioning account and pay manually?

Official Employee

Hey Adam, 

Thanks for verifying your account information in your private message. I just wanted to let you know that it can take up to 45 days before you see your first payment taken from autopay.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!