Community Forum

What's the most effective way to lower my bill?

Regular Visitor

What's the most effective way to lower my bill?

It feels like a glitch in the matrix or something. 

Recently I've signed back up for service at my household after deciding to take over the xfinity bill. And I have been paying my bills diligently. Seems all well and good. The issue is that my bill is over 200 dollars/monthly. Out of curiosity I looked into this and when shopping for service(in incognito mode of course) I've come to discover that virtually identical offers exist in my area for as low as 50 dollars a month.

Now, I'm aware that new customers tend to get very favorble deals even if I'm not entirely sure why.  But typically when I see people discussing their bills in my area, even those who are longer time customers, they aren't paying over 100 if that(usually it's around 75-95). I tried to alter my payment plan but I'm not even presented with the option to switch to something lower than my current plan.

Does anyone have advice on how I can lower my bills? I've tried discussing this with comcast employees at the service center I use and all I get are shrugs and flippant responses about that just being the way it is. I don't want to cancel but if I can't adjust these prices then I might just be better off cancelling and waiting the 6 months until I can get those new customer deals.

Frequent Visitor

Re: What's the most effective way to lower my bill?

It appears to be a full time job of knowing trade secrets if you want some sort of decent rate.  I hope your bill is for more than one service.

Official Employee

Re: What's the most effective way to lower my bill?

Hello, AgentVince!

I would be more than happy to look over your bill and see if there are any available promotions to help lower it. Please send me a Private Message with your full name so I can help.

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!