Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

What is the purpose of a 2 year contract if you raise the price?

Regular Visitor

What is the purpose of a 2 year contract if you raise the price?

I signed a 2 year contract at $89.99 a month. I have noticed my bill had increased a lot, they have gone from $118 to $156 and I still have 6 months left on my 2 year contract. My question is, what is the purpose of a contract if the price isn't guaranteed to me? If I broke the contract, Xfinity charges a early termination fee. I tried to find details for my contract on my accounty but there is nothing. I feel this is just not right.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: What is the purpose of a 2 year contract if you raise the price?

Their contracts are written only to protect Comcast, and prevent customers from leaving. There are no price protections for the customer. I have had many "2 year" contracts with them,never held their price for more than 6 months. The last one did not even hold for 30 days.

Regular Visitor

What?? How is this a "contract"? This can't be legal because if we break the "contract" we get charged! The FCC needs to do something about this!

Bronze Problem Solver

It's legal because it's written into the contract, and way too many of us don't actually read the thing until we trip over something in it.  I know better, but I'm still as guilty as anyone else.  Smiley Sad

Admin1

Hello All -- I can clear up how our contracts are designed. Are contracts are built to lock in your package price only. All ancillary items, such as equipment rentals or taxes/fees, are subject to change during the contract agreement. Any other specialty discounts, such as discount premium channels, run on their own discounted length and are also not price protected. Contract information can be found in My Account > Settings > Legal Agreements & Contract.

Please send me a PM if you would like your contract reviewed or if you have any further questions about why your price may have increased while on a contract.