Community Forum

What is the point of a Contract when Xfinity Removes Contracted Items??

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What is the point of a Contract when Xfinity Removes Contracted Items??

I am at the end of my two year contract yet the pricing keeps increasing and channels are constantly removed that I had paid for in the contract (TCM, Starz ect). Shouldnt my bill be decreasing if Xfinity is removing contracted channels from my lineup?  Is there any point of these contracts if only to lock the customer in to an agreement that is only binding for one party, the customer?

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: What is the point of a Contract when Xfinity Removes Contracted Items??

Agreed, and considering you are in contract shouldn't rates for Broadcast fee, Sports fee and Rental Fees be locked in as well? They continually go up.  Smh, contract expires I'm out Comcast will go strictly internet and other provider that offers fiber optic.    

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: What is the point of a Contract when Xfinity Removes Contracted Items??

Hi I completely understand  your point the whole value of the contract  is to keep the bundle price  the same rate for a specific amount of time. i know there were some channel changes which replaced the channels that were removed with other options. you can modify  your contract with any penalty  if you need to as long as you have at least  one service with  comcast you are not penalized hope this helps