Community Forum

What is the Internet/Voice Equipment rental charge for on my statement

Regular Visitor

What is the Internet/Voice Equipment rental charge for on my statement

What is the Internet/Voice Equipment rental charge for on my statement? Thank you.

Admin1

Re: What is the Internet/Voice Equipment rental charge for on my statement

Hi dampapaul -- That is charge is for your modem rental. It lists as Internet/Voice Equipment since you have a Gateway device that is also capable of running our Phone service if that were ever added to your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Hi!

I signed up for Comcast/Xfinity and was told it would be a $10 charge for rental and now I am seeing $20!? that is ridiculous.I do not have voice at all so I have no reason for any additional features. Plus, broadcast tv fee of $10...that is $30 more than what I was quoted- never told about the broadcast tv fee and was told rental was only $10 and my bills shows $20.

I switched for better savings but may be going back to AT&T because you all are more expensive for basic cable and internet plus than 350 channels and internet with AT&T.

Problem Solver

Hello avmyers123,

Thank you for posting! I removed $10.00 due to the double charge for your equipment. The Broadcast TV fee is industry standard and most of our competitors charge this fee. I certainly apologize for any inconvenience, if you have issues in the future please reach back out to me and I will be more than happy to assist.   

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee.
I no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions
may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered?
Mark a post as the Best Answer!
New Poster

This charge is ridiculous. I returned my modem back to comcast (east brunswick nj store) a few months ago. I happen to look at my bill today and BAM!! Im still getting charged. Make sure you guys are checking your bill like i should have been doing.