Community Forum

What is the Internet/Voice Equipment rental charge for on my statement

Regular Visitor

What is the Internet/Voice Equipment rental charge for on my statement

What is the Internet/Voice Equipment rental charge for on my statement? Thank you.

Admin1

Re: What is the Internet/Voice Equipment rental charge for on my statement

Hi dampapaul -- That is charge is for your modem rental. It lists as Internet/Voice Equipment since you have a Gateway device that is also capable of running our Phone service if that were ever added to your account. 

New Poster

Hi!

I signed up for Comcast/Xfinity and was told it would be a $10 charge for rental and now I am seeing $20!? that is ridiculous.I do not have voice at all so I have no reason for any additional features. Plus, broadcast tv fee of $10...that is $30 more than what I was quoted- never told about the broadcast tv fee and was told rental was only $10 and my bills shows $20.

I switched for better savings but may be going back to AT&T because you all are more expensive for basic cable and internet plus than 350 channels and internet with AT&T.

Problem Solver

Hello avmyers123,

Thank you for posting! I removed $10.00 due to the double charge for your equipment. The Broadcast TV fee is industry standard and most of our competitors charge this fee. I certainly apologize for any inconvenience, if you have issues in the future please reach back out to me and I will be more than happy to assist.   

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

This charge is ridiculous. I returned my modem back to comcast (east brunswick nj store) a few months ago. I happen to look at my bill today and BAM!! Im still getting charged. Make sure you guys are checking your bill like i should have been doing.