Community Forum

What are the actual speed tiers and costs?

Contributor

What are the actual speed tiers and costs?

Hey all,

So work has been pretty crazy, not to mention the back to school/college/cross country activities.  I noticed that my speed was bumped up (not going to mention data usage, that's a different thread, and we've been paying for unlimited for months now).  So I was spot checking my bill and cross-referencing on the Inter-webs, and I can't seem to find the cost per tier page they used to have.  Trying to "shop for new bundles" either gives me an error, or won't break down the internet only cost.  Last I remember they had something like a Starter Pack, Performance, Performance Plus, and then like two different Extreme Pro tiers.  From what I can tell, they're not offering Gigabit or unlimited service in our area yet (though the local subsidized telco is getting another neighborhood closer with synchonous 1 Gbit up/down fiber, so it's probably coming soon once their monopoly in the area is gone) - zip code is 98375 if any of the Experts or CS folks care to check. 

Currently, our bill is listing Performance Plus at "up to 500 Mbps," with a second charge for Extreme Pro.  Our *wonderful* unlimited fee is the third listed charge. 

Thanks and happy 2nd Monday!

Contributor

Re: What are the actual speed tiers and costs?

Upon review, I may not have stated a clear question in my original post, just a request for what the tiers are.  Specifically, if the Performance Plus tier offers speeds up to 500 Mbps (as reflected in the picture from my monthly bill, below), why are we being charged an additional $45.00 for "Extreme Pro Internet"?

Edit:  Looks like the photo function is broken yet again, even for images added to my Comcast public folder. Trying a direct HTML link: 

Highlighted
Contributor

*Bump* 

Still no response, which is really no surprise.  Was hoping this asynchronous method would be the best solution during a very busy week at work.  I guess the next step will be to engage the robot support system and pray I get an actual human in the first 30 minutes.

Contributor

Copying over the response I got via Twitter, in case it may help others:

"What you are seeing is your base speed of the Performance Plus speed that is up to 75 Mbps," (even though it's listed as 500 Mbps on the billing page) "and then your speed adds on to boost you up to our Extreme Pro speed that is 500 Mbps."  

So that answers the question I asked over a week ago, and the customer care rep was a pleasure to deal with (especially when compared to the ones I've dealt with in stores / via phone).  I was offered and accepted a 12 month promotion (no contract or extension req'd) that dropped the Promotion Plus price to $49.99, which helps a bit.  I also suggested they adjust the messaging to clearly identify the Performance Plus base speed of 75 Mbps, along with a note for the Extreme tier saying it increases the speed to 500 Mbps.

So:  Twitter > Forums (less than 30 minutes until they contacted me, a few messages / verifications exchanged via DM, got an answer and the promotional rate in less than two hours while puttering around the house.)  Hope that helps someone!