Community Forum

Watch That Bill CLosely

Contributor

Watch That Bill CLosely

I've been with Comcast for almost 20 years and we've had our "love spats" over the years, normally something to do with billing, actual TV/internet service has been good to excellent over these many years and that's why I still have Xfinity. That being said, I just want to post about an interesting conversation I just completed with a CSR and remind everyone to be very wary when they receive bills with unexpected charges, especially partial charges. On January 17, I received and activated a new X1 DVR that was shipped to me by ComcastMichael. That same day, I went to our local Comcast office and returned the old X1 DVR that the new one replaced. Sounds simple enough, on the same day a DVR is removed from the system and a new one added. On my bill I received yesterday, I had a partial charge for "Service to Additional TV" of $6.49. According to the bill statement, I added service to an additional TV on January 15 (maybe the day ComcastMichael had it shipped) and I removed service to an additional TV on January 25, thus leading to a partial charge of $6.49 for the 10 day period that the Xfinity system viewed me as having both DVRs in my poseesion and in operation. I called Xfinity and spoke with a CSR in billing who checked in the system and independently verified that the new DVR was activated in the system on January 17 and the old DVR was returned and received by Comcast on January 17. Awesome...I thought this was going to be easy, however, the CSR then went on to explain that the partial charge was made by the system and was a legitimate charge for the period while the system sorted everything out. After I sat dumbfounded for quite a few seconds, I asked her if she was telling me that even though the partial charge was not valid, it would remain? She said "Yes" but that she would put me on hold and talk with a supervisor. After a couple of minutes she returned to the line and after discussing it with her supervisor, she had decided to "waive the partial charge" this time due to my long-term loyalty as a Comcast user and would refund me the $6.49 in the system for inclusionm on next month's bill. I was dumbfounded and asked her to clarify if she was saying that the erroneous charge was only being removed because I was a valued customer and not because it was  an ERRONEOUS charge? She stated yes. SO, just to recap, the Xfinity system incorrectly charged me $6.49 for a charge that never actually existed and then when challenged on it, removed the incorrect charge because they wanted to be "nice guys". I'm still laughing over this logic. Anyway, watrch your bills ladies and gentlemen. I wonder how many of the milliions of Xfinity customers receive erroneous charges but never notice or challenge. Those dollars and cents that may slip by unnoticed on individual bills could certainly add up to some significant uneraned profits on Comcast/Xfinity's bottom lline.  

Official Employee

Re: Watch That Bill CLosely

Hello, curlw. I want to help out improve your experience. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Watch That Bill CLosely

I am glad we were able to issue the appropriate credit for you. Thank you for being a part of our community. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!