Community Forum

Warning autopay Fraudulent comcast charges appearing on my credit card statements

Frequent Visitor

Warning autopay Fraudulent comcast charges appearing on my credit card statements

Just by chance I was reviewing my credit card statement and found two different comcast charges in the same month. One charge is the correct amount for the monthly autopay. The second charge, Dated a few days later is for an unrecognizable amount. My credit card also has a reference id from comcast and it did not match my comcast account id.

The payment is clearly being made to comcast, so I called comcast to have the charge refunded. Over the phone they filled out a form, and said it would be processed in a few days.

A couple of days later I received a voice mail from comcast saying to call my credit card company and dispute the charge.

I followed up with a phone call and comcast said the investigation would be complete in a few days and that I should ALSO report the false charge to my credit card company. So I filed a report with my credit card company.

A day later I followed up with online chat, and the rep said that the investigation was complete and that I was supposed to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

I requested that comcast resolve the issue, and that they inform me when it is done. By resolve I meant refund the fraudulent charge on my credit card.

Why is it that comcast cannot simply contact my credit card company and simply revoke\refund the charge? Everybody else can do that in five minutes! I did nothing wrong, this is clearly comcasts problem.

Moral: review credit card statements and monthly bills from comcast CAREFULLY!

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Warning autopay Fraudulent comcast charges appearing on my credit card statements

Just found the same thing on my credit card billing, and I do not pay Comcast from that account. Sounds like a serious data breach cover-up.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Warning autopay Fraudulent comcast charges appearing on my credit card statements

Well it is happening again.

My credit card is getting charged twice for two different ammounts within the same payment period

Once on Feb 28, and again on March 5th,

I call comcast to have the amount refunded, I explain the repeated behavior and request the extra billing be refunded immediately, they refuse feigning for a another department to handle the issue (about a week).

I escalated to a manager and they again refused to remedy the situation or to put me in contact with someone that could really try to resolve the issue.

Last month they did that and they simply left me a voice mail message to dispute the charge with my credit card company.

This is an unauthorized charge and is being made by comcast .... THEFT FRAUD

Gold Problem Solver

I am notifying the Administrator of your post.  Watch for a reply.  However, if it were ME, I would go back to the old way of doing things and have a paper bill sent to my house via regular mail... just my opinion....

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Problem Solver

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I have invalid Comcast charges on my business credit card.  These appear to be fraudulent charges.  I have never used this business credit card with my pesonal Comcast account.  My Comcast personal account was closed in July 2013.  These charges are:

June  25, 2013--- $144.89

July 23, 2013--- $157.30

Aug. 27, 2013 --- $177.19

Sep.  24, 2013--- $153.86

Regular Visitor

I do autopay from my checking account to Comcast.  This last month, I noticed an elevated charge that did not match my online statement. It turns out that Comcast is being paid twice each month out of my checking account (one payment is being collected for another customer, the otheris mine) I trusted Comcast... Did not notice that there were two payments being made... and it has been going on since I set up the autopay!!   Comcast claims they have no responsibility in this.  They are the recepients of this, yet will not do any research nor commit to paying me back the money they took from my account.    Bank of America provided me with first 6#'s and the last 5#'s of this person's Comcast account.  (Her name is listed as Nancy Lucich) Comcast still will not help me. This is a lot of money and we are retired.  (over $6,000)   Since Comcast IS the recepient of this, it seems right action would mean that they return the erroneous withdrawls from my checking account to me.   The other person whose bill is being paid by me is  "Nancy Lucich".  I looked her up on line and it says employed by Comcast...   This is fraud within Comcast and they are suggesting that I take it up with my bank and the police.  I am sick!  I trusted them, have been a loyal customer, and they are acting unethically.   If anyone knows what to do, I ask for your help.  I live in the Seattle area. 

Admin1

Hello Sucoro,

I've got this situation escalated. Someone will contact you to talk more about this and get this resolved.

Thank You

New Poster

I have just found fraudulent NSF charges and late fees on my Xfinity bill. I have been paying at the local store and used their new kiosk last time. I was assisted by an employee. I used my bank card (Visa credit/debit check card), same as always and paid on time. When I found these charges, I was shocked. I went straight to the local Xfinity store and told them what happened. One of the workers made notes and said he was getting the situation "escalated" to a a supervisor and it would be resolved in a couple days. It has not been resolved, and after reading of so many similar complaints, I'm absolutely terrified about what might happen next. In the meantime, I've contacted my bank, and they assured me the problem was with ComCast (Xfinity). My bank has no record of any transaction whatsover on June 18 when I made my payment, even though the employee assured me the payment went through (the payment shows online that same date, June 18), and at no time have I ever had insufficient funds in my account. I have been lied to from the beginning when I first ordered this internet service via phone and what I've been billed. I thought everything was finally straightened out, but these false NSF charges and late fees are absolutely outrageous! Something has to be done about all the double talk and outright lies and scams being pulled by this company. How can I get this resolved. I've been put on "hold" for 45 minutes at a time and then hung up on while this was being "researched." Then, when I called back, i was given get another ticket number and told it would take three business days to resolve, blah, blah, blah. More lies.

Official Employee

Gilesie13-

I apologize for the delayed response. In review of your account, I see that our Regional Executive Relations team has found a resolution for you. If you have additional questions or concern, please let us know.

Frequent Visitor

I'm in a similar situation. I have twice now had fraudulent charges of $244.20 from Comcast on a credit card that I do not use to pay for my services. I always pay from my bank. It comes accross as 'COMCAST OF PRINCE GEOR' on my card statement. I beleive that's in Maryland & I'm in Houston. I canceled my credit card & thought it was taken care of, but the charge appeared on my new card. I've talked to my bank & they think it may be set up as a recurring charge. How can I fix this? I have no idea how this was ever charged in the first place....who could I talk to at Comcast about stopping this?

Problem Solver

Hello,

You have no card on file and no autopay set up. You need to go through your bank.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

I have double charges going back 1.5 years. I thought it was my now ex-husband but he claims it wasn't.   He has now gotten his account closed for lack of payment but his statements clearly showed 'paid'.  

I have contacted the Fraud deparment and they've done 'nothing'.  Insisted the charges didn't exist, then said someone called or logged into comcast to pull money out of the bank to pay their bill.

Most revolting company ever.   And there's nothing I can do about it.   I had to close my bank account and open a new one!

Contributor

"Hello,
You have no card on file and no autopay set up. You need to go through your bank."

Yes.  Typical response.  

Regular Contributor

If your card is being used for fraud you ALWAYS contact your bank. ALWAYS.

Has anyone considered the fact that some of these issues are not Comcast fault and their card number was stolen and used by an unauthorized person to pay their bill?

Cal your bank if you have an unauthorized transaction on your account. Cancel the card and get a new card issued. If it is through your checking account number ( like an e-check) shut that account down and open a new one. 

Banks are obligated to investigate fraud, not the company who received the payment 

Formerly RobandMar.....moved accounts and lost screen name
New Poster

Please help me, I just Signed up for Xfinity Internet...and Noticed a Unauthorised Transaction of 250$ From COMCAST

Problem Solver

Hello HarvinderChane,

I have reviewed your account and do not see a $250.00 payment pending/posted to your account. Due to this payment is not reflected on your Comcast account, you will need to contact your bank or financial institution. We are unable to provide any information on where the payment was posted or reverse the payment at this time. The bank or financial institution will notify Comcast of any unauthorized or potentially fraudulent charges in order to reverse them from our system. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Expert
Moved:

New Poster

Hi, we had the exact same situation happened to us after further investigation with a lot of hassle my bank finally found out that we were paying another woman's bill for 9 months. My wife noticed the charges but thought I might have ordered some weird package. I tried contacting Comcast they told me to contact my bank my bank said no it was Comcast charging me so they would not refund the money so we're out $900. I'm sure it's this happened to other people when I find out I'm going to hire an attorney.
Admin1

Hi 1Whitepony -- I can help with your payment issue. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number. I'll be able to start a payment research to have your payments fulled from the wrong account and applied to your account.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.