Community Forum

Want to make plan changes online

New Poster

Want to make plan changes online

I want to review options for changing my current plan online, but whenever I go to Shop/Upgrade I get this message:

"We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order. Please call us at 1-877-680-7173 and we can help."

I've seen several others post here with the same problem. Due to recent changes to the channel lineup on my plan, I want to review my options to determine if I will switch to a different plan or downgrade to internet only. I don't want to call or visit a store, I want to see in writing what my options are, take my time reviewing them and making a decision, and make the change online where I'll immediately have a record of what changes I requested in case there is a problem later on.

New Poster

Re: Want to make plan changes online

Nothing will happen. All you are going to get is a reply from an employee on this forum asking you to PM them with your info so they can find a package for you.  Same thing if you call or chat.  It has been happening for over a year now and all they do is give excuse after excuse.

@dlavy wrote:

I want to review options for changing my current plan online, but whenever I go to Shop/Upgrade I get this message:

"We're sorry, it looks like you'll need some help completing your order. Please call us at 1-877-680-7173 and we can help."

I've seen several others post here with the same problem. Due to recent changes to the channel lineup on my plan, I want to review my options to determine if I will switch to a different plan or downgrade to internet only. I don't want to call or visit a store, I want to see in writing what my options are, take my time reviewing them and making a decision, and make the change online where I'll immediately have a record of what changes I requested in case there is a problem later on.

Official Employee

Hi dlavy. Thanks for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post! We are glad you're here.

We apologize for the inconvenience. This is a known issue that affects certain customers. We are working to address this issue.

I can offer you customer support with going over the service offers that are available to your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I thought I'd do the same thing when my promotion ended, go online and see what was available.  So I went to manage plan under my account.  Surprise, all that was offered me were more expensive, expanded plans.  I ended up having to call Comcast to see all that was available.  If you get an adverstisement flier for your area showing packages aimed at new subscibers, use that as your starting point when talking to Customer Service.  They may need to transfer you to a higher customer service level, but you should be able to get one of those packages or maintain your current package at not too far off from your current pricing. YMMV, of course.