Community Forum

Waive the charges

Highlighted
New Poster

Waive the charges

Me and my Wife have been customers since 2011. She is being transferred to a job in Missouri a state that does not offer comcast. Our contract is up in August and we will not end our service until 5/31. All I asked was for them to waive the fee being she is being transferred to a state that does not have comcast and was denied. <Edited> we have been customers as long as we have! Waive the fee!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Waive the charges

@oregonwes wrote:

Me and my Wife have been customers since 2011. She is being transferred to a job in Missouri a state that does not offer comcast. Our contract is up in August and we will not end our service until 5/31. All I asked was for them to waive the fee being she is being transferred to a state that does not have comcast and was denied. <Edited> we have been customers as long as we have! Waive the fee!

It's doubtful the fee will be waived.  Early Termination Fees are discussed in your contract.  If you're under a contract and you move to an area that Comcast doesn't service, you're subject to ETF.

Correct information on Early Termination Fees can be found here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I am in the same boat. My husband got a job in an area where Comcast is not available and we were charged a large ETF. When I had Verizon Fios and moved to an area without service, they waived the fee. Comcast has a poor business model and does not care about fair treatment of customers.

Verizon's Process:
"We are sorry to hear that we are not able to provide you Fios service at your new location.

To receive a bill credit to offset the cost of your early termination fees for disconnecting services prior to the expiration of your contract, please complete the form below and upload a copy of a document that confirms your new address. Please ensure your full name (must match the name on your Verizon account) and address are clearly decipherable, dated within six months of the disconnect date, and submitted for review within 60 days from the disconnection of your service. Examples of acceptable documents can include but are not limited to a utility bill, a government issued id, or a voter registration card."
Highlighted
Expert

@pmayes wrote:
I am in the same boat. My husband got a job in an area where Comcast is not available and we were charged a large ETF. When I had Verizon Fios and moved to an area without service, they waived the fee. Comcast has a poor business model and does not care about fair treatment of customers.

Verizon's Process:
"We are sorry to hear that we are not able to provide you Fios service at your new location.

To receive a bill credit to offset the cost of your early termination fees for disconnecting services prior to the expiration of your contract, please complete the form below and upload a copy of a document that confirms your new address. Please ensure your full name (must match the name on your Verizon account) and address are clearly decipherable, dated within six months of the disconnect date, and submitted for review within 60 days from the disconnection of your service. Examples of acceptable documents can include but are not limited to a utility bill, a government issued id, or a voter registration card."

Comcast is not Verizon.  Early Termination Fees were explained in your contract.  It's doubtful that fee will be waived.

Correct information on Early Termination Fees can be found here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@oregonwes wrote:

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.  I don't currently see a pending disconnect order or disconnect date listed for your account.  Therefore, an Early Termination Fee was not charged as of yet. 

Once you have a disconnection date scheduled, please reach out in this thread and we can revisit this. Thanks for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.