So I got the HD Complete XF Triple Play because I want all the channels available, as well as the fastest internet service offered and digital voice.
According to the Comcast website, this bundle includes:
On my latest bill, here is what I'm getting charged for:
HD Complete XF Bundle 05/18 - 06/17 - $199.99
Additional XFINITY TV Services
Complete Add'l Outlet Svc 05/18 - 06/17 0.00
HDTV Converter with Remote Control.
HD Technology Fee 05/18 - 06/17 9.95
Digital Additional Outlet 05/18 - 06/17 9.95
SD Set Top Box 05/18 - 06/17 9.95
Additional SD Set Top Box
Sports Tier 05/18 - 06/17 7.00
Total Additional XFINITY TV Services $36.85
Additional XFINITY Voice Services - $9.95
Modem Lease-Voice 05/18 - 06/17 7.00
Non-Published 05/18 - 06/17 4.50
UCC Fee 05/18 - 06/17 1.00
Here are my questions:
1. The first bullet under the Complete XF Triple Play description says that it includes HD service to four rooms. It seems that I need to get new set top boxes from Comcast that support this feature. Will I have to pay extra to rent the three additional set top boxes?
2. Do the anyroom DVR compatible set top boxes only work with HD televisions? (I've got two HD TVs and two SD TVs)
3. If I'm supposed to have up to 4 TVs with HD service, why am I getting charged for an additional digital outlet?
4. Why am I getting charged an HD technology fee? Isn't HD service specifically part of the bundle?
5. Am I supposed to pay extra for the voice modem or is that supposed to be included in the bundle?
6. Why am I still paying for the sports tier separately? Does the sports entertainment package included in the bundle not include the sports tier???
7. I pay for the non-published number (I've paid for this feature for as long as I've been with Comcast...6 years), but my name, phone number, and address still show up in the local phone books. What gives?
If you're still reading, thank you. I know this post is probably longer than usual. Any insight into my questions above would be greatly appreciated. Over the last 6 years I've been with Comcast, I've found that I often get incorrect and conflicting information depending on which customer service representative I end up talking to, which is why I chose to post my questions here.
1. That bundle and your description says you get the multiroom dvr, so yes you need new boxes if you want that feature. multiroom dvr will give you one main dvr and up to 3 slave boxes that can control the main box. These are just dummy terminals they cannot record or pause live tv as they have no hard drive like the main dvr box.
2. you can put the boxes on non hd tv's
3. How many cable outlets do you have now?
4. Everyone with hd pays the technology fee.
5. you rent the modem. you are free to buy your own though.
6. you need to call comcast on that one.
7. That must be a mistake on comcast end, I would call them to report it.
I am also confused by bill. Somone was to call me back, never did. Also, someone to call my husband back due to his not being able to reply to his email on our home computer, although at work he's fine and his cell is fine (???)
I upgraded to HD Complete Xf. Is this different than X1 Platform ??? I"m so confused.
Firt they told me on the phone that there was a special at $199/mo for 12 mos. But, my bill states 245.49 with -20.50 for total Bundled services at $224.99 ????
too much to list, I just called and asked that they have the same bill in front of them so we can go over line-by-line....wasn't happening. Now I'm supposed to get a call from a supervisor tonight.....
way too convoluted.
Is this still an ongoing issue for any of you?
yes; we were promised the triple play complete for 199 pus tax and we're paying 275 still and no one seems to have any records or any clue. I'm about ready to drop the whole thing.
Hello TesssMcc -
I see that you spoke with a representative today. Do you still need assistance with your billing concern?
This appears to be the normal activity for xfinity. Just upgraded and have an xtra outlet fee, 3 TVs so dont understand this fee, listed taxes at over $40. That works out to more than 10% tax, that seems high. We called and were informed that they would "correct the bill" and we owe 240. We will see if they actually correct this, but I am already prepared for having to call again after the billing cycle. This is not the first time they have agreed to "correct the bill". The last time it took 3 months.
The way Comcast billing is set up is going to cause a lot of people to leave. Also, with the emergence of Hulu, Apple TV, Roku, and Netflix and even some people creating their own boxes, Comcast will be seeing more issues in the cable area. The prices are too high, the billing is convoluted. They don't update the notes and they don't share notes with other departments when you call back in. It's really unfortunate. I was on a plan and they t9ld me the only way I could get out of that plan was to upgrade. I could not downgrade without paying $200 but I could upgrade for free. Go figure. So I told them I would rather cancel my service and pay $200 to get to another provider than to pay $200 to downgrade. Craziest thing I ever heard. I'm not LEAVING the company, I just wanted to downgrade and you're going to charge me?
After 5 calls I ended up with someone who said they had a plan: Upgrade to get out of the plan and downgrade before 30 days and I can be on whatever plan with no contract. AWESOME.
A week later as I try to downgrade my plan I realize I'm STILL on my same plan, no upgrade!!! So I "chat" with an agent in billing who did not initially see it. After I explained, they finally saw it and apologized for the "phone agent" for not making the change. Also told me they were in billing and could not make the change and had to transfer me.
After the transfer "via chat", that person made the change for me. whoopie? (i dont think so)
As soon as a faster internet comes around, I'm DONE with Comcast. They are a rip off. And to think, I left UVerse thinking Xfinity was better.....Only the internet is better. That X-1 Platform needs a major upgrade.
The 30 day Guarantee is for new lines of business, as such they do not apply to upgrades. If you are in a term agreement with us the early termination fees apply. Were you to upgrade then cancel the upgrade within the 30 day guarantee you would default back to the original package and the ETF fees would still apply. If you have any more questions or concerns please feel free to reach back out. Thank you!
All I know is every comcast clerk will give you a different answer....Some will make promises and never act on them. Comcast answers vary depending on who speak with you. It would be nice if you could call comcast explain what is wrong and from that moment on comcast could take care of the issue and that would be that.It seems you must go back and forth over the same issue that as easy as it is to upgrade comcast can carry out this and only when problems with billing begin it seems you go round in circles.I do not know if comcast is designed to not want to address any issues and would rather you call back again and again and again...The comcast internet works fine.The TV works fine.It's just billing or returning equipment that turns your life upside down..Repeated phonecalls to customer service requires many,many calls to and only maybe then can you resolve your problem...All I know is comcast got free money for me.
Always seek out a door to door salesperson, they are local and can take care of these issues for you, another reason is we have better pricing than phone or internet orders. For example, the package you described is the premier triple play, a door to door salesperson could have given you everything you wanted in four rooms for $159.99 per month. Free dvr, all premiums, free voice controlled remotes 200mbps internet and home phone included.