Community Forum

Unusually high usage in November - not correct or accurate

New Poster

Unusually high usage in November - not correct or accurate

Hi there, 

we had our first full month of Comcast Internet in October and used ~700gb. Then in November it went over and you took a courtesy month away from us for going to 1042 vs. the 1024 limit. Very strange it spiked just before the end of the month and used our credit. 

We didn’t even have the top internet user in the house in November for over a week, so there is zero chance your data usage total is correct. Others seem to have the exact same issue and your company is looking like they are trying to rip people off. We were never told of the data cap when signing up either. Very shady business practices to find out about the cap via a notification on your phone and when it is not accurate either. I track all data usage on devices with the Mac activity monitor on laptops and CleanMyMac and we only used around 500Gb in November, not 1042.

We would appreciate someone looking into this to see if our modem/router from you is defective as well as getting that courtesy month used credited back.

Again, I track data usage for all devices, your usage number for November is incorrect. No additional unknown devices on the WiFi, no background apps, no syncing. 

Thanks.

Expert

Re: Unusually high usage in November - not correct or accurate

@Dogetown wrote:

Hi there, 

we had our first full month of Comcast Internet in October and used ~700gb. Then in November it went over and you took a courtesy month away from us for going to 1042 vs. the 1024 limit. Very strange it spiked just before the end of the month and used our credit. 

We didn’t even have the top internet user in the house in November for over a week, so there is zero chance your data usage total is correct. Others seem to have the exact same issue and your company is looking like they are trying to rip people off. We were never told of the data cap when signing up either. Very shady business practices to find out about the cap via a notification on your phone and when it is not accurate either. I track all data usage on devices with the Mac activity monitor on laptops and CleanMyMac and we only used around 500Gb in November, not 1042.

We would appreciate someone looking into this to see if our modem/router from you is defective as well as getting that courtesy month used credited back.

Again, I track data usage for all devices, your usage number for November is incorrect. No additional unknown devices on the WiFi, no background apps, no syncing. 

Thanks.

Are you on the X1 system?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

No. I only have Comcast internet and landline phone.  No cable or tv service.

Frequent Visitor

Wow, that's unexpected. Most of us that have been complaining on here all year long (since January, but others longer,) use all three services, and it still was a huge scam of overages and poor support, without any resolution. Your situation is even more deplorable given you use less services. Sadly, the token thread, and a very informative one, dealing with this exact situation has been closed to prevent keeping it in the spotlight, and was given a "solution" that was inaccurate and ignores the very real facts presented in that thread. No one can reply to it anymore even though it was NOT resolved...and the number of new threads related to this topic proves that. Closing that thread deprives other customers of seeing the history behind this issue, which has been over a year long. Whatever "fix" Comcast made to their mistaken overages in Sept and Oct does nothing for those of us who struggled with those exact same mistakes all year long, nor does it bring back customers like me who had enough and left. We left Comcast last July after we had spent more than 15 hours on the phone with them or in support chats, and got nothing but a runaround causing anger and anxiety. My last support phone call was over 4 hours long and included 11 transfers! I do no other business with anyone that puts me through that kind of madness. 

Take it from me, get a different service, fiberoptic if you have the ability. Since we left, our internet is unspeakably faster, more reliable, CHEAPER, and we have no data limits whatsoever. I've saved a lot of money too, which wasn't even my primary objective but just a sweet bonus to getting free of Comcast once and for all. I haven't had to call support for anything even once, nor do I feel like I am overpaying or in a hopeless situation. And that breath of fresh air has lasted. I could have avoided so much frustration and anger had we left Comcast a year earlier, but fear prevented it, fear that it was going to be the same with any cable company. It's not, and I have 6 months under my belt proving it.

It's not worth staying. Whatever "fix" they herald today that benefits anyone in the moment won't last and won't prevent what's up ahead around the corner. You can only expect one kind of experience from big corporations that steadily follow these kinds of business paths and make the kinds of decisions that Comcast has, and it isn't positive. They didn't realize there would be no way they could turn that ugly boat around to get back the 20-yr+ long customers who got fed up and left.