Community Forum

Unreturned Equipment Fee

Highlighted
New Poster

Unreturned Equipment Fee

I help my elderly parents but noticed a year old unreturned equipment fee for a brand new new service at a community. Is it possible to get this reversed even if it over a year old? Unfortunately they transferred service to a new location and likely have a new account number. Anyone heard of getting billed for unreturned equipment when there was no equipment to begin with.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Unreturned Equipment Fee

Let me be a little clearer. At the independent living community where we first moved, we wanted local phone and internet so we added that and also got the Cable TV service. After the first month, apparently they billed for 3 x $50 unreturned equipment. This was a brand new, never rented apartment and this was new services just started. However this was in Feb 2019. And I have just seen the bill (I now haven over the billing but at that time Dad would just pay whatever came in without seeing what it really was.
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Unreturned Equipment Fee

These are the serial numbers of what Comcast says is unreturned equipment. Does anyone recognize these as valid serial numbers: EVY726P00167, EVY726P00170, EVY726P00158? What type of equipment is this? It matches nothing we have or ever had.