Community Forum

Unlimited data

New Poster

Unlimited data

Hello, i recently added the Unlimited data plan and now with whole this corona situation, you guys announced the providing unlimited data for free to everybody for 60days. So are you not charging $50 from me during this period?

Thanks

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Unlimited data

@bbaramy wrote:

Hello, i recently added the Unlimited data plan and now with whole this corona situation, you guys announced the providing unlimited data for free to everybody for 60days. So are you not charging $50 from me during this period?

Thanks

You should not be charged the $50 for unlimited during this time.  If you see a charge on your next bill, post back here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I had this same question. I posted on reddit but no answer. My current bill thats due on March 26 already has the $50 charge on it. Will that be waived or do I need to call in?

Highlighted
Expert

It should be waived, but your bill was generated before Comcast dropped the fee temporarily.  Pay the bill as it stands now and you should see a credit on your next bill.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

thanks for the quick response. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I agree, I was thinking the same thing. I pay $50 extra a month for the unlimited also.  I hope they don't try to charge us this if they are not keeping up with data caps during this time.

Highlighted
Expert

@jlee7765 wrote:

I agree, I was thinking the same thing. I pay $50 extra a month for the unlimited also.  I hope they don't try to charge us this if they are not keeping up with data caps during this time.

They should not charge that fee, from what I understand [I asked].

Highlighted
New Poster

So on my bill, they are charging $50 for this. I am trying to find the customer phone number to call. But They have a only bot chat which doesn't answer my question

Highlighted
Official Employee

@bbaramy wrote:

Thanks

Apologies.

Customers who are subscribed to an existing unlimited data plan for Internet will be credited in full for this automatically.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@bean4me wrote:

I had this same question. I posted on reddit but no answer. My current bill thats due on March 26 already has the $50 charge on it. Will that be waived or do I need to call in?

Apologies.

Yes your printed statement was generated and in process prior to this change in policy and the current conditions.

Customers who are subscribed to an existing unlimited data plan for Internet will be credited in full for this automatically.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@jlee7765 wrote:

Apologies.