Community Forum

Unfair charges for long time customer after a move.

New Poster

Unfair charges for long time customer after a move.

I have been a dedicated customer with Xfinity/comcast for years.  Their cable internet service is second to none.  I'm very upset that I was recently charged a prorated amount after a 5 mile move and I had my two year contract restarted 1 year in without my knowledge.  I acknowledge that I needed to pay my previous balance but the bogus nearly $300 in additional charges for the technican to connect service at my new residence is such a sleazy scam plus prorated charges for a valued customer is borderline unethical.  Why treat me like a new customer?  I do not want to be with Comcast for two more years when I only transferred service.  Why couldn't I only be charged for installation and continue my previous service?  My internet and cable never changed only relocated.  The technician on the phone asked if I wanted to continue service without a contract with increased monthly charges.  Ummm...No!  I only want the previous contract honored with the same services.       

Frequent Visitor

Re: Unfair charges for long time customer after a move.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/

Get on the phone with them or chat to an agent. 

If you call them, you'll need to get the automated attendant to connect you to a department that handles customer complaints, or service terminations. I can't remember the exact menu number keys, but it's in the phone menu options somewhere. (Or you many need to contact the billing department, although you're obviously upset, so I recommend the former.)

Good luck.

While I don't know the specifics to your case (like the previous balance you seem to owe), I know that Comcast sometimes offers new customers no service charges for (first time?) address changes, so stuff like this can be frustrating and arbitrarily cruel. 

New Poster

thanks. I owed $93 from my previous address.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you