Community Forum

Unexpected bill increases

New Poster

Unexpected bill increases

At the end of 2018, my monthly charge was $176.23.  In January it went up to $188.07.  Then it went up to $197.68. Now it has increased to $207.01.  I have never been notified in advance of any of these increases.  I have not changed my services at all.  My contract ended last year and I do not want to sign a new two year contract.  Is my bill going to continue to increase every month or two?  And is my only option to find a new service provider? 

Expert

Re: Unexpected bill increases

@pamela75 wrote:

At the end of 2018, my monthly charge was $176.23.  In January it went up to $188.07.  Then it went up to $197.68. Now it has increased to $207.01.  I have never been notified in advance of any of these increases.  I have not changed my services at all.  My contract ended last year and I do not want to sign a new two year contract.  Is my bill going to continue to increase every month or two?  And is my only option to find a new service provider? 

Any increases in your billing will be noted the month before on your bill.  Always read the notes on your bill for important information.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Good to know.  And I guess that I should expect that Comcast will continue to increase my bill every month or two until I either discontinue services or sign a contract.  Not my idea of a good customer service strategy but.........I assume they don't care what I think.

Official Employee

Hi @pamela75

Welcome, and thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forum. We care. I understand why you aren't interested in committing to a new agreement, however, I can check to see if we have any offers in your area that will lower your rate, and doesn't require you to accept a new agreement. Maybe something that can lock your rate is for 12-months instead? If interested, please send me a private message with your first and last name. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

There is no prior notice  for the reason  the bill  will increase. However, I reviewed my April billing, there is an increase in rates and surcharges. Although the continue increase in my bill upsets me,  I would understand better  if provider would be more upfront about the increases in service and rental cost.  

Official Employee

Hello all, we understand how alarming it may be to notice a sudden increase in your monthly bill. When a promotion is set to expire or monthly charges & fees increase in price, we do send notices on bills before the expiration or the increase.

@sewillas, I would be more than happy to further review your billing and check for any promotions that may better fit your overall billing needs. I have responded in our private message and I am awaiting your response. Thanks! 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@pamela75, @sewillas, as we have not heard back from you in quite some time, I have close this thread to further comments. If either of you still need help finding new promotions or adjusting your services please feel free to create a new thread.