Community Forum

Undisclosed DVR billing adjustment on new contract

Regular Visitor

Undisclosed DVR billing adjustment on new contract

I've been with Comcast for over 20 years and yesterday I renewed my contract for another two years.  The representative made a point of telling me that there would be no charge for the DVR service.  Today In more closely reviewing the contract I find that the no charge DVR service only applies for the first 12 months.  This was never mentioned by the representative and in omission was misleading as it affects the agreed upon monthly payment.  I talked to a representative today and she was completely unsymathetic to my complaint.  I'm ticked about this as I don't like being mislead.  Is there really nothing that can be done about this?        

Official Employee

Re: Undisclosed DVR billing adjustment on new contract

Hello, Ottogo. Thanks for reaching out to us about this. 

Most $0 promotions are for either 3,6, or 12 months. I apologize that you weren't told ahead of time that it was only for 12 months, but if you reach out to us shortly before it expires, we are sometimes able to renew that promotion. We won't be able to extend the promotion further, but if you are unsatisfied with your current plan given this information, I would be more than happy to look over the availabilities with you and see if we can find something that works better.

Please feel free to send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Undisclosed DVR billing adjustment on new contract

Ottogo, I'm glad I was able to assist in clarifying the concerns you had regarding your services. Please don’t hesitate to reach back out to us at any time if you need further assistance, we are always here for you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!