Community Forum

Unauthorized payment was processed on my account.

New Poster

Unauthorized payment was processed on my account.

Tonight (1/29/2019) at 2:39am I received an email stating that a payment was processed for $355.53 without my authorization. Since it's late I tried to deal with the issue through the online chat service. Unsurprisingly they were of no help stating that it was "likely" an auto payment charge. Auto payment has never been set up on my account, because of my concern about cases such as this. I told this to the agent: Marian, explaining that the bill had charges from previous months. If auto bill had indeed been active then the payments would've been taken out monthly instead of being charged all at once tonight. I was referred to a phone line and told to call during the day. Thankfully I did my research and found out that not only is this not an isolated event, but when people seek help in the phone line they don't receive it, instead being told to call their financial institutions. I did find a few posts here where agents ask the clients to contact them directly, and it is my hope that they have indeed received the help they needed. So I'm here looking for an agent to help me out as well. This payment needs to be cancelled immediately or a refund needs to be issued. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Unauthorized payment was processed on my account.

If Comcast (or anyone else for that matter) is taking funds from you w/o your specific consent then the correct thing for you to do is immediately contact your financial institution. In the event that this is fraudulent activity, you need to take immediate steps to limit your exposure. Comcast will investigate this for you,  but you should still take steps to protect yourself while it is getting resolved. 

I've asked an employee to assist you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I’m going to try and call today to see if anything can be done on comcast’s end, but I will be waiting for a rep to get in touch here as well. Thank you for your help.
Official Employee

Hi, claroscuro. Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Nerdburg is absolutely correct with suggesting to contact your financial institution first and foremost. Secondly - yes, we will absolutely look into this for you in order to determine why this happened and what we can do to fix it. Do you already have a request submitted for this? Once we open a research request for a refund, it can take up to 14 days to receive it. Either way, please send me a private message with your name and we will go from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi there. I never heard back from you on this, claroscuro. If you end up needing further support with it, please go forward with sending me that private message. Thanks, take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.