Community Forum

Unauthorized $2,307 charge and last year $803, no callbacks, no refund

Regular Visitor

Unauthorized $2,307 charge and last year $803, no callbacks, no refund

Around May of last year I noticed that our monthly bill for Xfinity Mobile service was being automatically debited from my husband’s debit card. This card I never check because it’s income from Social Security Disability and we only pay part of our rent with it. I noticed the last couple months he was short on what he usually gives me. Upon checking his card transactions, I noticed Xfinity mobile was debiting over close to $200 a month since January! I’m highly upset because we call in our payment every month and pay with my card because it never auto payed for some reason. We always called on the 6th the day it gets disconnected for nonpayment. Mind you they were deducting monies from the other account on the first.
At this point it sickens my stomach to retell this whole story from speaking to countless reps at xfinity mobile, my bank, police station, fcc now at this point. Long story short I have over 20 ticket numbers, 3 escalations with no call backs FROM ALMOST A YEAR AGO NOW. Xfinity mobile’s term and conditions doesn’t state how long they have to investigate a claim. I called months latter after the 2nd claim and they were unable to find it. Every time I called in on any matter no one was able to easily find our account. “Not xfinity mobile number”, “last four of card incorrect”, “last 4 of social security number incorrect”. These are what I get. Tier 2 doesn’t call back, I ask them to send it to fraud department and once a rep in Washington named Ashley said to call and ask for her and of course, that doesn’t happen.
So now the new issue is xfinity mobile debited my card on 2/27/19 for $2,307!!!! On a fraudulent account. The same fraudulent account they never shut down! You have not done your due diligence as a company to protect me as a consumer. Are you going to pay the bills I couldn’t pay from the money you stole from me? I have a disabled kid and husband and you keep taking from me. WE haven’t had service for 6 months now. Last rep said it’s your fault for not getting a new card. I DID GET A NEW CARD. CALLED IN OCTOBER AND TOLD THEM TO REMOVE THAT CARD AND I PUT ON A DIFFERENT CARD. AND ANYWAYS THESE CHARGES ARE INCORRECT (OVERAGES THAT WAS REMOVED BY A MANAGER FOR GOOD ACCOUNT) BUT THIS MONEY WAS TAKEN FROM A FRAUD ACCOUNT AND XFINITY FAILED TO REMOVE IT OR TAKE NECESSARY STEPS TO PROTECT MY SUPPOSE TO BE PROTECTED INFORMATION. THESE CHARGES WERE UNAUTHORIZED AND FRAUDULENT.
I DISPUTED THE CHARGES FROM DOUBLE CHARGES FROM THE FIRST ISSUE AND IT WAS DENIED BECAUSE I DIDN’T FIND OUT UNTIL MORE THAN 60 DAYS LATTER-THAT’S WHEN I REPORTED IT.
REMOVE THIS FRAUD ACCOUNT, REFUND MY $2,307 IMMEDIATELY AND THE DOUBLE CHARGES FROM 1/18-5/18 TOTALING ABOUT $883. I HAVE ALL THE STATEMENTS, PAYMENTS, DOCUMENTS, TICKET #’S.

Official Employee

Re: Unauthorized $2,307 charge and last year $803, no callbacks, no refund

Hello @Karenw21, thanks for reaching out and I am truly sorry to hear about your billing troubles with Xfinity Mobile. I can definitely see how this could be extremely inconvenient and frustrating. I would be more than happy to take a further look into this on my end. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Unauthorized $2,307 charge and last year $803, no callbacks, no refund

@Karenw21, I did not receive a Private message from you, nor did I hear back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please send me a private message, if you still need assistance with this billing concern. Please create a new Public Post if you need assistance with any new issues or concerns. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!