Community Forum

Two Year Agreement

Contributor

Two Year Agreement

In July 2018 I agreed to a two year promotion with no added features that increased my payment to $155. About $25 more than I was paying but at least no changes for two years. So I get my June 2019 bill and the payment goes up to $200 and will increase to $216 next month.  The excuse is the 24 month agreement does not include Comcast making changes to equipment and fees during the 24 month agreement.

Only been with Comcast since 1986 and I guess an agreement does not mean much because they can raise the price of equipment and fees to what ever they want.

Someone in corporate with a little business sense please contact me.  Thanks.

Expert

Re: Two Year Agreement

@Terry0327 wrote:

In July 2018 I agreed to a two year promotion with no added features that increased my payment to $155. About $25 more than I was paying but at least no changes for two years. So I get my June 2019 bill and the payment goes up to $200 and will increase to $216 next month.  The excuse is the 24 month agreement does not include Comcast making changes to equipment and fees during the 24 month agreement.

Only been with Comcast since 1986 and I guess an agreement does not mean much because they can raise the price of equipment and fees to what ever they want.

Your package price shouldn't change over the course of your contract unless you have a promotion that expires at 3 months, 6 months, or a year.  Equipment fees, taxes and surcharges are subject to increase or decrease at any time.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

@Again wrote:

@Terry0327 wrote:

Your package price shouldn't change over the course of your contract unless you have a promotion that expires at 3 months, 6 months, or a year.  Equipment fees, taxes and surcharges are subject to increase or decrease at any time.

I understand, but an increase of $61 in the 11th month of a 24 month agreement is a little much. If this was the case of some expiring promotions during the agreement should that have been discussed when the 24 month agreement was agreed. Been with Comcast over 30 years and have never had an agreement change by 40% in the middle of the term. Would someone from Comcast please contact me and see what we can do. Thanks, I like Comcast but I can't pay this much for TV and Internet with no movie channels of even recording.

Contributor

Update: Found my confirmation email dated July 21, 2018. Called and spoke to a very nice young man named Jeff in customer service and he looked in my history in July, 2018 and found the same exact email stating all the discounts were for a 24 month term. It listed each piece of equipment and wire service plan and they were included in the price for 24 months.

My only question is why no one else could find the confirmation email when I gave the date of the change and Jeff found it in 2 minutes.

Jeff got with his supervisor and they are suppose to make updates to my bill.  We will see.

Official Employee

Terry0327, thanks for taking the time to let us know about these billing inconsistencies. Billing changes within your agreement term are always surprising so I'll work with you get a handle on what's going on here and take a look at the help that has already occurred on your account. Truly appreciate your loyalty with Comcast over the last 30+ years! We'll work with you until we get a resolution on this issue. 

I'll follow up on the private thread. 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Terry0327, thanks for the conversation in private message. Glad we were able to resolve the billing issue as well as answer the questions you had about your balance. If you use the My Account app, the balance should update in a few days. You can use the app to check your balance, check the status of your equipment and even troubleshoot services! Check this out for more details: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/use-my-account-app

Feel free to post again if you need further support. Thanks for being a customer! 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.