Community Forum

Trouble confirming cancellation of internet, tv service, & account AND receiving bill for full price

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Trouble confirming cancellation of internet, tv service, & account AND receiving bill for full price

On 9/18/2019 I called Comcast support and cancelled service for a previous account after I found out I was being charged for the full price of $153.52 instead of the lower charge of $128.05 when the contract was active (I was not informed the charge had risen until was too late).

Another family member opened a new account on 9/20/2019 at the same address and another issue occurred: they received a bill for a full month of service due on 10/12/2019 with a billing date of 9/20/2019. I’m not sure why they would have to pay a full month of service for using less than a month of Comcast service..

Is there any way to confirm cancellation of my account, to prevent me from receiving a bill for service I have canceled ?
Also, is there a particular reason why the new account opened by my family member at the same address is being charged for the full month. When they will not have the opportunity to utilize services for the full 4 weeks. I have no idea what to do.