Community Forum

Transferred service to a different state but still getting charged for both accounts

Highlighted
New Poster

Transferred service to a different state but still getting charged for both accounts

Xfinity has terrible customer support and I am on the verge of canceling my service. I have chatted and spoken to many agents over the last month to help me with my move, and I feel I have been lied to every single time. I recently missed my Tennessee payment by one day because I didn't realize I had to set up an entirely new account when I transferred my account (I thought I still had autopay set up). I tried to pay my past-due bill but wasn't able to - my account said I was up to date. I then found out I was charged on my Florida account that was supposed to be closed - I was told by three different people the account would be closed, so how did I get charged? I can't even see that account anymore because my account credentials are now linked to my Tennessee account. I tried to resolve this with a chat agent and he said I was up to date on all my bills and not to worry. However, I still don't know what I was being charged for on my Florida account.

I now receive an email saying I have a past-due balance on my Tennessee account of the bill I tried to pay earlier this month. I just tried calling support and waited on hold for 25 minutes. I reached an agent and told her my issue - she put me on hold again and I was reset in the queue for another 25 minutes. I scheduled a call for the next available representative and am now waiting in a chat queue.

I need to speak to a supervisor to resolve my accounts and billing because I believe I am being overcharged. Please help me resolve my account or you will lose a loyal customer.

UPDATE: To any customers who read this, I finally was able to get in touch with chat. Rissa was very helpful in solving my issue. I just wish I could speak to great agents like her more often. I wouldn't get so flustered and confused if all agents provided consistent service and information.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Transferred service to a different state but still getting charged for both accounts

@vicnick95 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Transferred service to a different state but still getting charged for both accounts

Hi vicnick95, I am so glad Rissa was able to get this taken care of for you. Feel free to create another post if you need anything else. Have a good day. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!