Community Forum

The price on my bill is higher than the price the representative gave me on contract.

New Poster

The price on my bill is higher than the price the representative gave me on contract.

When our last contract expired so we went in to renew and were told there were no bundle discount options availible to us. We went home and found an alternative company providing the same service at a much lower price, and went back in to cancle service. We were then informed that there really was a bundle deal availible for us and the price would only be 5 dollars more than our original price. We figured that was worth the hassel of changing ISPs so we signed a year contract. When the bill came the price was not the price given to us in the store. We do not rent anything from Comcast and canceled streampix auto enrollment a long time ago, there's nothing extra that's adding charges. The base bundle price is simply more than we were told it would be.

I asked my girlfriend who went with me what she remembered hearing for the price and it was the same amount that I remember hearing, so I don't think I'm making a mistake. When I signed the electronic pad I didn't see anything telling me the total price agreement so I'm guessing we were misled in order to make a sale. I unfortunately didn't notice the price difference untill the bill came and it's now passed the 30 day cancelation period so I can't get rid of the contract without paying a fee.

Any advice on where to go from here? All google searches for similar problems lead to these forums so I figured I'd try asking here.

Official Employee

Re: The price on my bill is higher than the price the representative gave me on contract.

Hi, springyb - Thank you for posting in our community! I can review your account and see what we can do in this particular situation. Please send me your full name and account holder's name in a private message. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!