Community Forum

The price gouging and billing spikes are simply unacceptable

Regular Visitor

The price gouging and billing spikes are simply unacceptable

I think I've hit my limit. I've been stuck with an overpriced double play package for a year now, and I'm just sick of it. I think I just decided to change to internet only (not sure if I will use Comcast, or go with someone else like Verizon or something), and to try out one of the slimmed down TV packages like YouTubeTV, Hulu Plus, SlingBox, or something similar.

Comcast, despite your significant improvements in the cable interface, you need to know that until you stop screwing over your most loyal customers by upping our rates every 1-2 years, you will continue to lose subscribers at an alarming rate.

From my viewpoint, it seems that your business model is backwards. For virtually every business in the modern era, it is an accepted fact that obtaining new customers is exponentially more expensive than retaining current customers. So why is it, then, that Comcast still shows such favoritism towards new customers, at the expense (literally) of their existing clientele? I'm sick of being loyal to a company that requires me to subsidize the heavily discounted plans it happily hands out to literally anybody other than it's very own customers.

It would appear that Comcast is a fundamentally flawed organization, and I feel no optimism that it will ever be fixed. It's a shame really, that executive leadership seems unable to address the issues at the top, when the rest of the company is crammed full of great people and diligent employees who work so hard day in and day out.
Official Employee

Re: The price gouging and billing spikes are simply unacceptable

I can certainly check and see what we have to offer, can you verify your account with me? To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

New Poster

I totally agree with 

New Poster

I completely agree. Existing customer don't seem to get any benefit, even after 20 years. Had really poor service over the last 2 years and was told the sales team would take care of me when my contract ended. Well, here we are and apparently this meant trying to push new services on me and jacking the price up, of the same service I have, if I want to stay with them, instead of a discount for all my frustrations. Would also have to be in another 2 year contract  Most likely leaving if they can't make this right.