Community Forum

Termination Fee

New Poster

Termination Fee

February of 2019 I moved and tried using the comcast move service I had seen advertised on TV. I went to the local Xfinity store in San Rafael CA to set this transaction up.

The sales person there told me it was a hassle, that he could not set up the move service, and that I would be much smarter to take advantage of a new customer deal. Not being born yesterday, I asked if I would be charged a termination fee from leaving one contact to start another. The Xfinity rep said no. Describing his sales pitch like a state secret, the Xfinity rep advised that I contact the comcast customer loyalty department and that the fee would be waived.

So I took the word of the Xfinity rep and started a new contract and cancelled the old contract once I moved. I called the loyalty department as I was instructed and described the situation to three customer service representatives. After two hours I was transferred to a manager in the customer loyalty department, and after telling my story, the manager said that the store rep was lying, I should have used the move service as I had requested. The manager said he would escalate the situation and call later in the week with an outcome, he verified my phone number and account information.

Its late July, the manager never called, the account was sold to collections and the only way I find this out is through a credit report that has taken at 100pt dive from 750 and I about to replace my car. Any loan I access will have a 5% or more interest rate because of comcast! I am financially handcuffed because of Xfinity's crooked sales staff and criminal use of credit scores. This practice has been made illegal already in Washington and more cases like mine will make unregulated credit checks illegal in California as well. Comcast cannot sell debt and trash my credit out of their own incompetence and shotty policy. This action of comcast is profit with negative impact against consumers and should be penalized in a class action suit.
Official Employee

Re: Termination Fee

Hi there, atvermeer92. 

I can look into the old account and get your situated. As long as you are a customer right now, this won't be an issue to resolve pretty quickly for you. 

I apologize for the experience you have gone through. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello,atvermeer92. I wanted to reach out and touch base one more time before closing out your post. Did you have any other questions? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

I am now closing this post out due to inactivity. 

Thank you for posting to our forums!