Community Forum

Taxes, Surcharges and Fees

Highlighted
New Poster

Taxes, Surcharges and Fees

I got rid of cable and kept internet (600 Mbps for $80 monthly) but I'm being charged an additional $39.54 for Regional Sports Fee ($8.25), Broadcast TV Fee ($14.75), TV Franchise Fee ($11.74), TV Public, Educ & Govt Fee ($4.73), TV Regulatory Cost Recovery ($.07). All these charges are for TV/Cable service which I no longer have. Can anyone explain?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Taxes, Surcharges and Fees

@corbinc4 wrote:

I got rid of cable and kept internet (600 Mbps for $80 monthly) but I'm being charged an additional $39.54 for Regional Sports Fee ($8.25), Broadcast TV Fee ($14.75), TV Franchise Fee ($11.74), TV Public, Educ & Govt Fee ($4.73), TV Regulatory Cost Recovery ($.07). All these charges are for TV/Cable service which I no longer have. Can anyone explain?

Did you recently make this change?  Is the date on your billing statement before that date or a couple of days after?  If so, the billing statement was in the process of being generated and wouldn't reflect your change.  Pay the bill as it stands and you will have a prorated bill on your next billing statement.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

It seems I was expecting too much of the "My Plan" pager of the website... The TV Fees are gone but now there's a $15.99 charge for Netfix. Confusing for sure (I pay for Netflix from the source) but I don't think this page shows my plan costs as much as as current charges.

Thanks for your responce,

Chris

Highlighted
New Poster

I am curious if all the fees went away? I am in a similar situation. Xfinity is completely unreachable at this time.

Could you share your feedback on what charges you continued to see in the next months bill?