Community Forum

TV fees added back to Internet only comtract

Frequent Visitor

TV fees added back to Internet only comtract

January 5, 2020,, we changed our service from basic cable plus internet to Internet only. We were given monthly price for one year contract. Were told we would receive a corrected bill, but have not. I went into our online Comcast account, under the change my plan option, to view what Comcast customer service had changed. The Internet only plan was correct, but the very next day, January 6, 2020, Comcast added back various TV charges, including the broadcast TV charge. We will not be paying TV fees when we have no Tv service through Comcast. It is offensive that Comcast would sneak these bogus charges back onto our account the very next day. As I'm getting ready for surgery, I do not have the time or strength to do battle over a deliberate billing add on for a service we chose to not have. Please fix this immediately!

Thank you.

Expert

Re: TV fees added back to Internet only comtract

@trimhorn wrote:

January 5, 2020,, we changed our service from basic cable plus internet to Internet only. We were given monthly price for one year contract. Were told we would receive a corrected bill, but have not. I went into our online Comcast account, under the change my plan option, to view what Comcast customer service had changed. The Internet only plan was correct, but the very next day, January 6, 2020, Comcast added back various TV charges, including the broadcast TV charge. We will not be paying TV fees when we have no Tv service through Comcast. It is offensive that Comcast would sneak these bogus charges back onto our account the very next day. As I'm getting ready for surgery, I do not have the time or strength to do battle over a deliberate billing add on for a service we chose to not have. Please fix this immediately!

Thank you.

A couple of things are going on here.  If you changed your plan in the middle of your billing cycle, you will have prorated charges for the Broadcast TV fee and the Regional Sports fee; the bill you see online may have been generated before you made the change.  You won't see the changes on your billing until the next billing statement is posted.

Always pay the bill as you see it otherwise you will get late fees.  It is easier to get a refund on the late fees than to haggle about the fact you didn't pay the bill as stated.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: TV fees added back to Internet only comtract

I turned in my equipment that I was being charged 15.68 pr month plus tax but was only given credity for 11.62 which I'm sure is a partial credit for the month, but no credit for the Broadcast TV FEE.  This months still shows the credit 11.62 equipment credit but again no Broadcast TV FEE.  And it shows That next months bill will be the same, the bill should be reduced again.  It appears that even if you turn in all your TV equipment and buy your own moden and router they are still going to charge Broadcast TV FEE and not give back all the equipment fees.

Talk about a shady company!