Community Forum

Surprise Service Fee on Bill instead of Credit

Frequent Visitor

Surprise Service Fee on Bill instead of Credit

I've been a comcast customer for well over 20 years with one break because comcast wasn't in the area I moved to.  That only lasted a couple years and it was back to comcast.

In that time I've gone through many phone calls for many things.  The latest thing is:
On March 2 I called tech support and spoke with an RJ.  Reason being my internet was crapping out completely, started in February.  I'd reset my modem I don't know how many times and it got to the point where it just wasn't working.  So, I call, RJ runs a reset and diagnostics, I keep running speedtests and according to RJ it's a problem on comcast's end after running diagnostics.  He sets up a tech to come to the apartment *note I am a disabled senior who qualifies for Essentials but I'm already a customer*.  RJ tells me there is no cost for the visit and that I would be getting a $40 credit on my regular bill next month as an apology.  I look at my bill today to pay it and there's a $40 in home visit fee.    Spoke with Raquel today, was told that $40 would be credited back next month.  BUT there would be no credit on my bill for my internet problems.  So I'll be hitting the food bank because that $40 tech visit that I shouldn't have been charged for is my food money.  And no regular credit.  This after being lied to about my 2 year contract that started Sept. 2017 when I was told the price would remain the same for the full 2 years.