Community Forum

Student Discount or Downgrade account HELP!!

Frequent Visitor

Student Discount or Downgrade account HELP!!

Hello. 

I recently found out from a classmate of mine at Keiser University in FL that I can qaulify for a student discount rate on the same package that I currently have.  I am paying $114/month for double play and thats without renting any equipment, I own a TIVO and my own modem. I noticed that the student rate was $54.99/month with blast plus (includes 100+ channels).  I am a full time student in graduate school and living on one income with my fiance and just trying to save money.  My second option was to just downgrade my service to internet only to lower my bill. I called xfinity and was redirected to call 855-850-4550, but they were unable to help me as well.  I tried to connect to retentions without any luck as well.  If someone can help me save some money and take advantage of my school discount that would be great!  I would be willing to downgrade to an internet only plan 50+mb at least if i can get it for less than $40-50month. 

Expert

Re: Student Discount or Downgrade account HELP!!

@mpetcoff284 wrote:

Hello. 

I recently found out from a classmate of mine at Keiser University in FL that I can qaulify for a student discount rate on the same package that I currently have.  I am paying $114/month for double play and thats without renting any equipment, I own a TIVO and my own modem. I noticed that the student rate was $54.99/month with blast plus (includes 100+ channels).  I am a full time student in graduate school and living on one income with my fiance and just trying to save money.  My second option was to just downgrade my service to internet only to lower my bill. I called xfinity and was redirected to call 855-850-4550, but they were unable to help me as well.  I tried to connect to retentions without any luck as well.  If someone can help me save some money and take advantage of my school discount that would be great!  I would be willing to downgrade to an internet only plan 50+mb at least if i can get it for less than $40-50month. 

Take a look here and see if any information would help you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Student Discount or Downgrade account HELP!!

Hey there, mpetcoff284! I just got your PM regarding student offers. Please get back to me there when you have a chance. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!