Community Forum

Speed increase fee (Performance Pro)

New Poster

Speed increase fee (Performance Pro)

Hello,

I just noticed I had a $10 a month speed increase fee (Performance Pro) I did not request.

I've been charged more from Jan 2017. Please can you remove this additional service and gave me credit back for the last 4 months?

My plan was supposed to be internet only with download speed up to 75Mbs.

I received a mail from you back on October 19 2016 saying:

"We continue to increase our speeds because we know faster
Internet means you can share more, stream more and download
more of your favorite HD content on multiple devices at the same time.
So, go ahead – reboot your modem to enjoy your Performance Pro
Internet with download speeds up to 100 Mbps."

In the e-mail there was no mention about a price increase.

Thanks in advance.

Problem Solver

Re: Speed increase fee (Performance Pro)

Hello m0rph84,

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I have reviewed your account and see that you have had the XFINITY Performance Pro Internet since you changed your services to internet only back in June 2016. At that time, the speed for this level of service was 75 Mbps/5 Mbps and is now 100 Mbps/5 Mbps. We no longer have a service package for the 75 Mbps speed in your area. Regarding the pricing, it did not increase due to the new speeds. The price increased due to the 2017 Price Change, which was effective January 2017. The information regarding the new prices is listed on your December 2016 billing statement. Now, we can remove the $10.00 monthly charge for the XFINITY Performance Pro speed increase. However, you will get the XFINITY Performance level of service, which the speed for that is 25 Mbps/5 Mbps. If you would like to remove the speed increase, please let us know along with the effective date for this change to occur. If you have any further questions or concerns, please reach back out to us.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee
Moved:

Re: Speed increase fee (Performance Pro)