Community Forum

Spam Email About My Account

Contributor

Spam Email About My Account

I just got an email supposedly from Comcast which stated they couldn't process my payment and needed me to update my account information. However, I know from looking on my account that my bill was paid weeks ago and is shown to be paid both on Comcast and on my credit card. The only thing I haven't paid is next month's bill which I just saw online today. The email address reads "Xfinity My Account" and is from Grant B. Boesen at gboesen@uiowa.edu which actually looks more like a university address than a legitimate Comcast address. When you click on update, it opens a page which looks a lot like the sign-in page for Comcast yet adds another item to the bottom which also is questionable. Of course, I didn't proceed because (1) my bill is officially paid and (2) this just doesn't appear right to me. Heads up to watch out for this type of spam!
Expert

Re: Spam Email About My Account

@FirecrackerGirl wrote:
I just got an email supposedly from Comcast which stated they couldn't process my payment and needed me to update my account information. However, I know from looking on my account that my bill was paid weeks ago and is shown to be paid both on Comcast and on my credit card. The only thing I haven't paid is next month's bill which I just saw online today. The email address reads "Xfinity My Account" and is from Grant B. Boesen at gboesen@uiowa.edu which actually looks more like a university address than a legitimate Comcast address. When you click on update, it opens a page which looks a lot like the sign-in page for Comcast yet adds another item to the bottom which also is questionable. Of course, I didn't proceed because (1) my bill is officially paid and (2) this just doesn't appear right to me. Heads up to watch out for this type of spam!

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!