Community Forum

Shouldn't Have Been Billed for In-Home Service Visit

Highlighted
Contributor

Shouldn't Have Been Billed for In-Home Service Visit

I recently had an in-home service visit because a good handful of my HD channels (approximately 10 channels) were unwatchable due to heavy pixelation.  The problem ended up being that some time long ago, LONG before I ever bought the house, a TV antenna cable was used to run TV cable into the home, rather than a correct coaxial cable.  This was not my doing and it was not anything I knew about until the service technician discovered it.  I am now being billed $70 for this visit, but the visit was necessary because the product that I was paying for was not working correctly.

How do I get this service charge removed from my bill???

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Shouldn't Have Been Billed for In-Home Service Visit

Hi there, @Baundy.

I want to help look into the visit to see why a charge was placed. Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

@ComcastMartin

I sent a PM to you yesterday with all of my information.  My auto-payment is today and it is "processing".  The $70 charge for the in-home service visit appears to still be included in my bill.  Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
New Poster

I was promised that my address and Floor were wired for comcast, turns out they had to send a rep out to install a direct line after I verified with these different reps that I would not have a problem. When I called the rep told me multiple times he will waive the $40 installation fee. This w as s on s recorded line and I need to speak with a love person before I call my lawyer to file suit.