Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Service suspended after paying bill, reactivated, repeat.

Regular Visitor

Service suspended after paying bill, reactivated, repeat.

Are there any Comcast reps that can possibly look into this for me, please?

I logged into Comcast.com on 7/3 at around 4AM. Alert said pay X amount to avoid service interruption (i only have internet), so I did. Received a receipt via e-mail confirming my payment.

Woke up around 1 PM, service was off. Called up, the rep said there was some issue with my payment showing up on 1 of their systems but not the other, or something to that effect. Rep seemed stumped, put me on hold. Service was then reactivated.

Woke up on 7/5, service was off again. Called up, spent nearly an hour on hold. Was told again about the payment showing up in 1 system and not the other. Was supposed to get connected to "higher up" billing support but I missed the prompt for the menu selection and was disconnected. 

Insanely frustrated at this point, I logged into Comcast chat. Rep said I owed the minimum payment and there was no record of my payment (money was taken from my account). Pasted a copy of the e-mail (receipt) which confirmed that payment was received on 7/3. Was eventually was reactivated, and was told there would be a reactivation fee added to my next bill. WHAT? Service shouldn't have been deactivated to begin with.  Was also told that this could keep happening if I don't pay my bill in full. 

Is this some sort of new policy or is there a major billing glitch going on here? My theory is I paid the bill just as service was about to be suspended, in the sense that in the past, my internet still semi works when suspended, but I can only get to comcast's payment page (walled garden). I paid before that happened this time, or perhaps JUST as services were getting suspended. Has to be either that or i'm purposely being given the runaround/punished for not paying the bill in full. Never had this problem before. I always just pay the minimum amount every month.

Can a rep please look into this and make sure my service doesn't get suspended yet again?