Community Forum

Service not restored after payment

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Service not restored after payment

My service was not interrupted completely on internet when my payment lapsed, but it was downgraded from 200 to 25mbps.  My TV service was disconnected.  I made my payment to bring account current.

Usually once payment is made, my service will be restored within minutes for TV and an hour for internet.  I briefly saw a message on screen about 48 hours to restore service but didn't get to read it before it went away.  After several hours waiting I called Comcast, they said they are using a new system to process payments and my service will not be restored until the payment posts to my account.

On My Account on the portal, it shows the payment as pending.  I tried to make another payment through credit card to see if it was faster but it said I was current and had no payments due.  I called again and the agent said it will take up to 24 hours to restore my service now.  What's the deal?  Why is it taking so long if they've already been paid?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Service not restored after payment

Still trying to get a hold of someone who can help, supervisors apparently are always on other calls.  I've scheduled calls back from them but the calls never come.  Getting tired of hearing 'I'm sorry' this happened but I can help, then no help comes.

Anyway...while trying to self diagnose I've noticed a spot where it says my plan has been switched to the Xfinity Assistance Plan.  No idea why but I'm unable to switch it back myself.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Update:  Got a hold of someone in the retention department.  They told me that my service would be restored exactly 4 hours after payment was received.  They even gave me a time, that time has come and gone by an hour and still no service.  They also said they would call me back 30 minutes ago to check on me, no return call yet again.  Lots of empty promises at Comcast today.  😞

Highlighted
New Poster

The same thig has happened to me today. Im so frustrated and wish someone would give me concrete information. I understand that there is a lot of transition with most companies, however the information should be consistent and accurate.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So spent past several hours on the phone with various departments.  What it has boiled down to is this:

Corporate heads of Comcast have ordered that all payments will not be applied until they have completely finished processing and posting ot accounts.  Meaning if your service goes out and it takes 3 days for them to withdraw money from your bank to pay the bill, you will be out of service for 3 days.  They keep promising me now that it will be only 24 hours....ONLY.  I've alrady been promised 30 minutes, 1 hour and 4 hours...new promise is 24.  <Edited>.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

"So spent past several hours on the phone with various departments.  What it has boiled down to is this:

Corporate heads of Comcast have ordered that all payments will not be applied until they have completely finished processing and posting ot accounts.  Meaning if your service goes out and it takes 3 days for them to withdraw money from your bank to pay the bill, you will be out of service for 3 days.  They keep promising me now that it will be only 24 hours....ONLY.  I've alrady been promised 30 minutes, 1 hour and 4 hours...new promise is 24.  <Edited>."

@blackdfl 

I am sorry but I think you have incorrect information. Comcast has ceased disconnections as of 03/13/2020 and has stopped applying late fees to accounts as of that date as well. I recommend that you review https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Comprehensive-COVID-19-Response-to-Help-Keep-American... or https://www.xfinity.com/prepare for full information about what Comcast is doing in light of COVID-19. Per that post: "We will not disconnect a customer’s internet service or assess late fees if they contact us and let us know that they can’t pay their bills during this period. Our care teams will be available to offer flexible payment options and can help find other solutions." It sounds like all you need to do is remain in contact with them and let them know if you are having issues paying your bills and they will not disconnect you. 

Yes, their systems/support staff are overwhelmed and may take a bit to answer phones, process payments, or provide callbacks but that is simply because of the number of people taxing the systems with requests for payment arrangements, service requests, account changes etc.  Patience is a virtue especially now. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I’m having same problem and trying to get ahold of someone that is not a useless virtual assistant is ridiculous.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm sorry but you sir have incorrect information.

End result, it was 24 hours to reconnect after payment.  Down to the minute.  The rule during the pandemic is that if you are late on a payment service for TV WILL be disconnected.  They will disable your TV box.  Internet will NOT be disconnected, however it will be throttled way down to 25mbs/3mbs.  Also, as per my experience and what I've been told by Comcast is that their corporate offices have ordered that service will remain on that disabled/throttled "assistance plan" until payment has completed processing. 

So during normal times, they would just cut you off completely, no TV (same) AND no internet at all.  BUT, also during normal times when you made your payment TV would go back on within minutes and internet within about an hour.  Now it's 24 hours for both.  Point is - don't be late on your bill or you will be stuck for 24 hours and there is nothing anyone can will do about it.

Highlighted
New Poster

not true, my services were disconnected this morning, had to pay the full past due to have them turned back on. 

Highlighted
New Poster

They are not following through with that at all! They disconnected me today April 9th due to 1 bill being past do these 30 days. As others have said, this auto online system is disconnecting everything except a low tier internet connection. Unless i made a promise to pay in one week! So, yes they arent really helping their existing customers. They are expecting full payment and when you do go with the promise to pay, they promise to disconnect you if you can't. Good luck finding a number to call, which doesn't matter because they are out and not working due to the lockdown. Everyone is effected. Not everyone is getting paid, but sure. Just turn it off and anger as many as you can? Come on Comcast, you can absolutely do better then this junky situation.
Highlighted
New Poster

<Edited>. My TV got disconnected 24 hours ago and my 300 Mbps internet has been throttled to 30/3. Restarting devices changes nothing. My TV says that I'm not a customer. The Support portal to Restart my TV Box fails and states that this service is only for customers. I accepted a payment arrangement until April 19. It seems now that I will have no TV service until then, with children stuck at home, and internet that is too slow for them to stream Netflix while I work from home (my work needs required more than 30 Mbps, and I will lose my job if I can't resolve this IMMEDIATELY... I've already suffered a severe reduction in available work, and next I'll default on my mortgage if I cannot do my work).

<Edited> I bet, that after 1-2 weeks of thottled service that they'll still expect full payment for the month.

Highlighted
New Poster

I finally got somewhere with Support. <Edited>. I've been secretly moved into a "XAP" program due to not having paid my bill on time. This program doesn't allow TV boxes to function and it throttles internet speed to 25/3. It will remain this way until I fully pay my account and the payment clears. One of the payments has just become due, but I need to pay my back payment and the new charge before I get my internet/TV back, which is going to take me a month for the new payment. So, I'll either find a way to do that without full internet, or I'll go bankrupt and lose my home. Thanks, Comcast.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Xfinity Assistance Plan

Same here, I had arrangements to pay past due on Friday, paid it on thursday, received email that they downgraded us to assistance plan on Saturday.  I had to pay additional months payment that was due the 17th and tv service was restored however, one tv not working at all, keeps shutting down, internet access is crawling and I still get message that i am past due. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Spent all day yesterday trying to get an agent.......nothing. 

Highlighted
New Poster

No you are not disconnecting you are downgrading to no tv only internet and phone at very low speed. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I finally got myself "removed' from assistance plan and today services seem to be working fine, however we did have to switch out one tv, thankfully we had one not being used, because when they turned service back on the tv would not stay on for more than 4-5 minutes.   This wonderful, gracious assistance plan cost us $650.00 in bill payments since the 1st of the month and we are now paid in full through May. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I made a payment arrangment with Xfinity when I first lost my income due to Covid-19.  I was never told I would lose my TV service or have my internet reduced from 1000 Mbs (never see anything over 500Mbs anyway) to 25 Mbs until I paid my bill in full.  Just woke up yesterday with no TV service.  I was told there would be no service interuptions or late fees.  What was the whole point of the payment arrangment in the first place?  Totally disgusted with Comcast!!!

Highlighted
New Poster

We need to drop Comcast.  25meg cannot handle kids doing their school work from home.  After losing job due to this plandemic.  the service they provide now does not work.  If our kids cannot do school work.  We do not need their service.  THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER. WAKE UP PEOPLE, Find something better.  I am disconnecting from them ASAP and I called Comcast to come pickup their equipment from in front of my house.  I can do much better. It does not matter what they say, they LIE.  NEVER AGAIN.  I am calling my minority people to stand up and drop there butts.  YOU ARE IN CONTROL, NOT THEM.

bye forever.

Highlighted
New Poster

I sent n a fax from my back at 2pm that payment was taken out of my account still not restored
Highlighted
New Poster

Why I did what agent said fax in my paper work from my bank.
What now.
My account for many years never be disconnected
Highlighted
New Poster

Agent are you here.
Highlighted
New Poster

What