Community Forum

Service charge after outage

Regular Visitor

Service charge after outage

A few weeks ago we had a neighborhood outage of cable and internet that lasted a day . When service was restored my cable was not available. Called and was told to do a hard reset, which was done to no avail. Called back and was told a technician would have to visit. There was no discussion of any fee. When he got here he said that due to the outage my router had to be reset. Today I received a $40 charge for service technician fee. I find this insulting. I pay my bill on time every month and have been impressed with the strides Comcast has made with their customer service in the recent past, but this is tough to handle. I would hope they would reach out and make a goodwill gesture to save a customer
Expert

Re: Service charge after outage

@cjnichols wrote:
A few weeks ago we had a neighborhood outage of cable and internet that lasted a day . When service was restored my cable was not available. Called and was told to do a hard reset, which was done to no avail. Called back and was told a technician would have to visit. There was no discussion of any fee. When he got here he said that due to the outage my router had to be reset. Today I received a $40 charge for service technician fee. I find this insulting. I pay my bill on time every month and have been impressed with the strides Comcast has made with their customer service in the recent past, but this is tough to handle. I would hope they would reach out and make a goodwill gesture to save a customer

Is this your own personal router or one you're renting from Comcast?  If it belongs to Comcast you should not be charged, but if you own the router, then the charge would be valid.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I see the point but, I would not have needed a service call if there was no disruption in service. I should have been made aware of any service fee beforehand, Shady, Shady

@Again wrote:

@cjnichols wrote:

Is this your own personal router or one you're renting from Comcast?  If it belongs to Comcast you should not be charged, but if you own the router, then the charge would be valid.

I see the point, but, for the fact of service being disrupted by Comcast I would not need a service visit. I should have been made aware beforehand of any service charge SHADY, SHADY

Official Employee

Hi @cjnichols

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I apologize for the experience you've had. The information provide by @Again is correct, however, you are as correct as well. You should have been made aware of a fee, and I apologize if this was not communicated to you. I'd like to review your account to see if I can help make this right. Can you please verify your first and last name in a private message? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!