Community Forum

Service Call Charges when Comcast equipment malfunctions

New Poster

Service Call Charges when Comcast equipment malfunctions

Since when did Comcast start charging customers for service call charges even when Comcast equipment malfunctions? I thought Comcast only charged this fee when the problem was with the customers equipment. 

The tech came and had to replace the touch screen for the security system when it stopped working. When i asked to waive the fee with customer service they said that since the equipment was working on the day of installation then the equipment cannot ever malfunction. How is that a sensical statement?

Official Employee

Re: Service Call Charges when Comcast equipment malfunctions

snajam, welcome to the forums. 

You're correct that we shouldn't be charging for technician visits when it is an issue with our equipment, I'd be frustrated if the fee wasn't waived. Let's review the account together to see what options are available. To get started, can you please PM me with your first and last name? Looking forward to it. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Service Call Charges when Comcast equipment malfunctions

@ComcastAlly wrote:

snajam, welcome to the forums. 

You're correct that we shouldn't be charging for technician visits when it is an issue with our equipment, I'd be frustrated if the fee wasn't waived. Let's review the account together to see what options are available. To get started, can you please PM me with your first and last name? Looking forward to it. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

Thanks so much for this post.  I was able to reference it to get a service charge for replacing nonfunctioning Comcast equipment remember removed!