Community Forum

Self install

New Poster

Self install

This is my first time with xfinity, i ordered a self install kit, went through the steps, and now i have to pay 70 dollars for a tech to come install it? I'm pretty sure they either sent faulty equipment, or it's and outside issue. But yet here i am possibly already having to pay more money for something that probably isn't my fault.
Official Employee

Re: Self install

Hi, DoctorSpecky. Welcome to the community and welcome as a new customer as well! I am sorry to hear that the self installation was unsuccessful. There are several factors that can contribute to the success of a self installation being successful or not and because of that, doing one isn't guaranteed to work. If it doesn't work for one reason or another and a technician is required to come out - there are costs associated with making that happen, which is why there is a one-time installation fee. When setting up service, we normally give you the choice to do a self installation or have a professional installation done. If you would have selected professional installation in the begininng, there is a one-time $70 fee (depending on the area) that would have been associated with that upfront. There can be lots of work involved in the actual install that the technician does and part of that is included within that one-time fee. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Self install

Hi again, DoctorSpecky. I ended up not hearing back from you on this. I will be completing this interaction. If you do end up needing further support with this, please feel free to send me a private message with your name.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you, take care.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!