Community Forum

Retention Chat

Regular Visitor

Retention Chat

Hello,

TL;DR: Is there a chat for retention specalists? I have no interest in sitting on the phone for another 30+ minutes.

When I signed up for comcast I used a 12 Month promotional deal, $50 a month for 250mbps. My understanding was when that deal was up, my rate would raise to $69.99.  It did. However, now my rate is raising from $69.99 to $82.58.  And a comcast rep has just told me that the month after that, my bill will increase to $94 a month. This is ridiculous. I only need internet, and I expected to pay the rates I was TOLD I would pay when I signed up.

The rep offered me a 'Deal' to maintain my rate at $79.99 a month which I declied. I informed the rep I will have to start looking at other ISPs, because this is just becoming unmanagably high for only internet. They gave me a number to call. I've spent enough time already on this issue, I would highly prefer to not have to sit on the phone, and there are other options in my area from ATT and other cable providers for SIGNIFICANTLY less per month. (I can lock into a 12 month contract with another cable provider for $50 a month for the same speeds that comcast is trying to offer me for $80 a month, also with a 12 month lock in!).

Sorry if this is a bit wordy, I am frustraited.

Thank you in advance.

Official Employee

Re: Retention Chat

Hello Grigsworld, thank you for reaching out and welcome to our Community Forums.  I would like to help review current promotions with you and see what we can do to save your monthly.  To begin, could you please send me a private message with your full name.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have sent you my full name in a PM.

Official Employee

Thank you, and I have replied to your private message.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi Grifsworld, thank you for working with me through private message and please reach back out if you still  need assistance.  

Thank you