Community Forum

Resubscribed to Double Play after just Internet, Have Some Questions about Billing and Service

Highlighted
New Poster

Resubscribed to Double Play after just Internet, Have Some Questions about Billing and Service

I recently (re)signed up for Xfinity TV (Standard Double Play), after canceling it and going with only Xfinity internet mid-last year, and have a few questions:

1. My equipment page shows that I have DVR service, but I specifically did not choose DVR when I went through the order - can that be removed/deactivated, we don't want to be charged for a service we didn't ask for and will never use?

2. We recieved an X1 box, but we aren't using it - we use the Xfinity streaming app on our Roku and Roku TV - can we return the box and still keep the service?

3. Our account shows that there is another X1 box on the account that we are being charged for, but that was returned last fall - it's listed as "inactive" on the return equipment page, but we're still getting charged.  We do not have this box anymore, can that be removed from the account? 

4. Is it possible to move up from the 125 channel package to the 210 channel package without a tech coming back out?  As I mentioned above, we are using the streaming apps not the provided X1 box.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.