Community Forum

Residential Trouble Fee?!?!

Highlighted
New Poster

Residential Trouble Fee?!?!

BEWARE!!!! I recently set up a service call with Comcast to have them look at my internet speed. I was not getting even 20% of the advertised speed. After a couple technicians came out to look at it, I got charged a $70 service charge out of no where!! I was never prompted about this, I was never asked if I was willing to pay that price for someone to come out, nothing. Just charged to my bill. If I knew it was $70, I would have never had them come out. It also doesnt help that nothing was resolved and I had to solve the issue myself!

Anyways, jsut thought I would warn everyone that if you are hoping to get service from Comcast, be ready to pay an undisclosed amount of money for no given reason and no guaranteed help.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Residential Trouble Fee?!?!

Just got off the phone with Xfinity. I was told that the $70 mystery fee was valid because the technician deemed it necessary for a new wire to be installed. As previously mentioned, this was never run by me while he was at my house, approved by me as a service that I would like, anything of that sort. But I was told that it didnt matter and nothing can be done since I auto paid the bill already...

So essentially, what I'm being told, is xfinity could (taken to the extreme, but still theoretically) show up, do some work without my approval and then just throw it on my bill, and there is nothing I can do about it.