Community Forum

Residential Trouble Call Fee? Buyer Beware!

New Poster

Residential Trouble Call Fee? Buyer Beware!

After checking my statement, I noticed a $70 "One-time Charge" for Residential Trouble Call. I have the Gigabit Internet offering in which the only service I pay for is the internet. I have had issues with the offering since I upgraded from the 250 offering, and have been sent technicians to assess the issue on 3 different occassions. The last time a technician came, they determined there were no issues (like the last 2), but offered to change (and bury) a new line in an attempt to improve performance. The next day a guy came to bury the line. 

In these conversations with the reps I had prior to technicians being sent out to the house, I was never informed about the fee, nor was it mentioned in the subsequent text that was sent out when the technician was initially scheduled by the rep. In fact, I was recently sent a $10 credit for the inconvenience of the speeds not meeting the advertisement. 

I obviously called to inquire about the charge, and have it removed. I was escalated to a supervisor who double-down that there was nothing he could do. He followed it up by offering an $11 credit. Laughable. Is this normal business practice? Who knows. All I know is, when I pay that bill, I'll be looking for another provider because this is quite ridiculous that I would be charged a one-time fee, when 3 different technicians were scheduled, and none of them resolved the issue to begin with. 

I also asked for documentation in the form of a service level agreement that would shed some light on the charge, or me agreeing to it, but it was not provided. 

Official Employee

Re: Residential Trouble Call Fee? Buyer Beware!

Greetings, dangLz101! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear about the tech fee that was placed on the bill. I can certainly look into this and see what we can do for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, dangLz101. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@dangLz101 wrote:

After checking my statement, I noticed a $70 "One-time Charge" for Residential Trouble Call. I have the Gigabit Internet offering in which the only service I pay for is the internet. I have had issues with the offering since I upgraded from the 250 offering, and have been sent technicians to assess the issue on 3 different occassions. The last time a technician came, they determined there were no issues (like the last 2), but offered to change (and bury) a new line in an attempt to improve performance. The next day a guy came to bury the line. 

In these conversations with the reps I had prior to technicians being sent out to the house, I was never informed about the fee, nor was it mentioned in the subsequent text that was sent out when the technician was initially scheduled by the rep. In fact, I was recently sent a $10 credit for the inconvenience of the speeds not meeting the advertisement. 

I obviously called to inquire about the charge, and have it removed. I was escalated to a supervisor who double-down that there was nothing he could do. He followed it up by offering an $11 credit. Laughable. Is this normal business practice? Who knows. All I know is, when I pay that bill, I'll be looking for another provider because this is quite ridiculous that I would be charged a one-time fee, when 3 different technicians were scheduled, and none of them resolved the issue to begin with. 

I also asked for documentation in the form of a service level agreement that would shed some light on the charge, or me agreeing to it, but it was not provided. 

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above. I went ahead and credited the technician visit charges in full, plus an additional compensation for the inconvenience and poor experience. Apologies again and thanks for your patience.