Community Forum

Requesting refund

New Poster

Requesting refund

I am requesting a refund for the 123 months I overpaid my bill.

I moved into my home in July 2007. When setting up my cable, Comcast signed me up for the Bundle package. However, I did not have a landline. I have never had a landline. I told the rep this. It didn't matter, they said.

I called Comcast multiple times over the years to try to lower my bill. After removing any Premimum channels I was told my bill was as low as it could be.

In October 2017, a rep from Comcast called to ask how I liked the service. I told him I don't understand why I have to buy a bundle when I don't have a landline. 

The rep was quite shocked I was paying so much. He was able to lower my bill from $120 to $89. This has made a significant difference in my budget and helped improve my quality of life.

Because I called numerous times over the years and was always told there was no way to lower my bill, when in fact, there indeed was a way, I am kindly requesting a refund for the 123 months I have been overcharged. This is approximately $3841. I will accept a check.

I look forward to hearing from you.

P, Miller

Regular Contributor

Re: Requesting refund

lol  i can tell you now that comcast is not  going too send  you  a check for  $3841   

Regular Contributor

As soon as you were installed, you had a landline and it was up to you to plug a phone into your modem. You weren't overcharged, you underused what you had.

Expert

@librarymaven wrote:

I am requesting a refund for the 123 months I overpaid my bill.

I moved into my home in July 2007. When setting up my cable, Comcast signed me up for the Bundle package. However, I did not have a landline. I have never had a landline. I told the rep this. It didn't matter, they said.

I called Comcast multiple times over the years to try to lower my bill. After removing any Premimum channels I was told my bill was as low as it could be.

In October 2017, a rep from Comcast called to ask how I liked the service. I told him I don't understand why I have to buy a bundle when I don't have a landline. 

The rep was quite shocked I was paying so much. He was able to lower my bill from $120 to $89. This has made a significant difference in my budget and helped improve my quality of life.

Because I called numerous times over the years and was always told there was no way to lower my bill, when in fact, there indeed was a way, I am kindly requesting a refund for the 123 months I have been overcharged. This is approximately $3841. I will accept a check.

I look forward to hearing from you.

P, Miller

What was the bundle you initially signed up for?  Just two services like internet and phone?  Internet and cable tv?  Phone and cable tv?  Three services like internet, cable tv and phone? 

But, as snow7551 said, it is very doubtful Comcast is going to reimburse you for all 123 months.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi librarymaven, 

I can't make any promises that you will receive a check or any compensation for this but would be more than happy to review your account. Please keep in mind, if you agreed to the 3 service package including the phone service and decided not to utilize the service, this would not be a valid request for compensation. 

Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.