Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Rep quoted wrong monthly price

Regular Visitor

Rep quoted wrong monthly price

Signed up for Xfinity 2 weeks ago. The agreed price was $168.00 for the package I have. Today the bill came it it's $205.00 a significant difference, when we called they said that's what we agreed to pay. Which it is not! I feel like I have been scammed. As we had other options for similar prices but chose Xfinity.
Tags (1)
Expert

Re: Rep quoted wrong monthly price

JosephMCassese wrote:
Signed up for Xfinity 2 weeks ago. The agreed price was $168.00 for the package I have. Today the bill came it it's $205.00 a significant difference, when we called they said that's what we agreed to pay. Which it is not! I feel like I have been scammed. As we had other options for similar prices but chose Xfinity.

Was the price for the package itself $168.00?  Does the $37 add up to equipment fees, taxes, and surcharges?

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Regular Visitor

My price was adjusted after logging on app, still higher than quoted.
A new issue is that I put $150 deposit down and was told it would be credit towards my first bill. After talking to a rep today, I was told I was given the wrong information and that deposit goes "nowhere" yes she said NOWHERE...