Community Forum

Renewing Contract? Been on 29.99 + upgrade...called in and cant offer it?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Renewing Contract? Been on 29.99 + upgrade...called in and cant offer it?

I have been on the internet only @ 29.99 + upgrade (was $10, now $15) for 3 years now. Have always been able to call and renew for a year at that price. Now they (loyalty dept) are saying they dont know how that has happened in the past since that is only offered to new customers. Would be happy to sign a 1-2 year contract if they would renew at that price? Can any of the online agents help?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Renewing Contract? Been on 29.99 + upgrade...called in and cant offer it?

So frustrated...I received a call that was a phone survey about my previous call with customer service. I completed it, stating my dissappointment about not renewing at my current price. A few hours later I actually then received a call from them and they stated that they wanted to fix it.  I explained what I wanted and they said not an issue. The perons put me on hold to talk to billing and then forwarded me to them to complete what I was looking for. The person in billing then proceeded to tell me that they could not do it and quoted me a higher price than the original conversation! When I asked to be transfered back to the original person they said they could not do that. Seriously it should not be this hard.

Highlighted
Expert

@honcho5859 wrote:

So frustrated...I received a call that was a phone survey about my previous call with customer service. I completed it, stating my dissappointment about not renewing at my current price. A few hours later I actually then received a call from them and they stated that they wanted to fix it.  I explained what I wanted and they said not an issue. The perons put me on hold to talk to billing and then forwarded me to them to complete what I was looking for. The person in billing then proceeded to tell me that they could not do it and quoted me a higher price than the original conversation! When I asked to be transfered back to the original person they said they could not do that. Seriously it should not be this hard.

The price you had been paying was a promotional price and your promotion is over.  As you are no longer a new customer you're not eligible for new customer pricing, which is why you aren't able to get the price that you had been paying.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @honcho5859, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I definitely understand how important it is to have a manageable bill. I'd love to have the opportunity to assist and review available promotions with you. I see you sent me a private message and I will respond promptly. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have sent two replies to the question you asked via PM but have not heard back.  Awaiting a reply. Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

replied to your follow up question. Awaiting a reply. Thanks

Highlighted
Official Employee

@honcho5859, thanks for letting me know and I apologize for the delay, I was off for the last 3 days. I have responded in our private message and look forward to your reply. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@honcho5859, I'm delighted that I was able to assist you with repackaging into something more fitting for your overall needs.  Please be sure to reach out to our Forums page for any future issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thank you!