Community Forum

Regional Sports Fee

Highlighted
New Poster

Regional Sports Fee

Why is Xfinity charging a Regional Sports Fee during the pandemic?  I don't even have a sports package anymore and there are no sports being played and yet I am forced to pay nine dollars a month for this?   Also, why is the end consumer placed in a postition to have to fight this with Xfinity?  Shouldn't they be bringing the fight to the networks on our behalf?

Feel free to chime in everyone.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Regional Sports Fee

@AnchorPubJoe wrote:

Why is Xfinity charging a Regional Sports Fee during the pandemic?  I don't even have a sports package anymore and there are no sports being played and yet I am forced to pay nine dollars a month for this?   Also, why is the end consumer placed in a postition to have to fight this with Xfinity?  Shouldn't they be bringing the fight to the networks on our behalf?

Feel free to chime in everyone.

"The regional sports network fee is based on the costs Xfinity pays to carry regional sports channels in each area, regardless of what is or is not aired.  Once the NBA, NHL, and MLB announce the course of action for its seasons, including the number of games that will be played, Xfinity could received rebates or price adjustments from the regional sports networks.  Just as we pass on costs of carrying these networks to our customers, we will also pass along any savings from rebates or price adjustments we receive."

https://www.xfinity.com/prepare and click on Billing, then scroll down.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Why am I paying the fee for broadcast sports when i only have Internet?
Highlighted
New Poster

I get charged since the beginning of April for TV Broadcast Fee Regional Sports Fee and associated cost and I have not had any TV at all since that time. I canceled it. I have asked Comcast/Xfinity to remove it numerous times. I spent six hours with different chat reps in one day. They agree it shouldn't be there and then they will drop off the chat like it was the server or they state they will remove the charge but it's still there.  Xfinity/Comcast has been literally slamming me for years. It is a culture from the top downs so it seems because they "slam" me in some way every time I deal with them and I get a different rep every time. It's sad.

Highlighted
New Poster

They are "Slamming" you. me too!

Highlighted
New Poster

So why are they charging to customers that ONLY have internet? It clearly states the following "if TV is included"):

2. Charges for the following are in addition to the Offer price and can change during and
after the term of this Agreement:
• Equipment
• Installation
• Taxes and government charges
• Broadcast TV Fee (currently up to $14.95 per month) and Regional Sports Fee
(currently up to $8.25 per month) if Xfinity TV is included
• Regulatory recovery fees and other applicable charges (e.g. per-call or international
charges) if Xfinity Voice is included
• Other Services not specifically included in the Offer (including without limitation, pay per
view, additional outlet services, premiums and non-recurring charges).