Community Forum

Refusal to refund a double payment

Frequent Visitor

Refusal to refund a double payment

I recently on the 15th I was charged an unauthorized payment of 550.00. Which weather you make minimum wage or a 6 figure this is not a small amount. On the 15th, I noticed the error and immediately called Billing and customer support. A representative assured me that we noticed the obvious double payment error and will refund the unauthorized double payment with 3-5 hours or the morning of the next day. 16th came around, no refund. I called again and was reassured this matter was escalated, and again given the promise of 3-5 hours or the next day. Its now the 16th and the payment has posted to my account. Which means my bank can do nithing but file fraud or a dispute which means a 10 day hold on my account and a debit card closure. 17 again no payment. Called twice and was given ticket numbers and reference numbers and again now it has become 3 days for refund on a double payment that was reported immediately. They even have the audacity to ask me wouldnt you rather have the credit for the next two months? The 18th still nothing. The 19th still nothing. I've spoken to two supervisors still nothing. I ask who is this in the hands of? They answer finance. May I speak to someone in finance. They answer no and ticket is escalated and someone will give you a call soon. Today is the 20th it has been 5 days, for an unauthorized payment, to be refunded that was reported immediately on the day of. Comcast has no right to keep my hard earned money. Especially since the amount is not of meaning to them. They also gauranteed emails to my comcast email, which they never sent after any of my 7 calls in 5 days. In short I ve been through this twice and this is just the latest episode of the poor process comcast has in place with this matter. Long story short their process is to withhold your funds till your next balance is due so they can in essence take your hard earned funds, and have some type of backing , for the courts, when your the one put in hardships and pain, for the corporate process of greed. Please read and take note, I will update each day, my unauthorized payment is not refunded and prove, that the ratings of 0 stars for Comcast customer service are correct. Today is the 20th. My next bill is due the 23rd. Lets see if my theory is correct on the comcast process.
Official Employee

Re: Refusal to refund a double payment

Hello CalvinRoweBB10. Thank you for joining the Xfinity Forums and for creating your first post. We apologize for the time it is taking to process your refund request. I can assist with researching the status of your request. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name so I can assist you. To send me a private, message click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click "Send a message" and private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Replys will be a log of acitivty as well, due to Comcast not understanding or taking time to actual do something about their customer service process.
November 20th, Day 5.
Unable to purchase groceries or particpate in a at work Pot-Luck, little embarrassed.
Also unable to go out as planned from previous week due overdraft fees.
-1st overdraft of -$36.00
ComcastJoeTru
did not respond to my private message.
Official Employee

@CalvinRoweBB10. We apologize for any inconveniences while we work through our process of refund research for your double payment. I did respond to your private message earlier. Below was my PM response:

"Thanks for providing your name, ******. I have researched your account, and I see a ticket was created for your Refund Request and the ticket has been escalated. I will keep an eye on this ticket for you and provide you with an update once one becomes available."

Did you not receive this message? We want to be sure your private messaging in the Forums is working correctly. 

I will send you another private message once I get an update on your internet ticket. Thank you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the responding Joe, I apprciate you being able to getvback to me.

For those reading along, he basically stated I have a ticket in place, which has been escalated and he will keep an eye on this ticket for me and provide me with an update once one becomes available. Thank you again for your patience Joe, I have also heard this for the last five days. I would just like to see some corrective action, if possible, this may not be alot to some but this means the world that I am able to go home for Thanksgiving.

11:33. Joe responded after the activity log was written, and I thank him for doing all he can do in this issue.
Expert

@CalvinRoweBB10 Please note that this is not a real time forum like chat would be.  ComcastJoeTru also works with lots of other customers here on the Forums, but he does try to respond to his PM's as quickly as he is able.  And just to reassure you, ComcastJoeTru works for the Corporate office, as do all of the Official Comcast employees here, so you're in good hands.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Great, thanks for clarifying TruJos position, i appreciate your candor here.

I simply want to speak with the person that is looking at my account. It only takes 30 seconds to look at the double payment in my account. This does not take 5 days.

If I may ask, why wasn't my account refunded on the 15th, when I first called in before the payment was posted? Why wasnt it refunded by monday or tuesday morning. With all due respect, as long as it took you sir or mam to read my post is as long as it took the comcast representatives all 7 in the last 5 days to realize there is s double payment and one is unauthorized.
This is a problem in your process. Please escalate to someone in this forum who is able to give me an answer. My bill is not due to the 23rd. If it isnt resolved till then, we will all see this more about bad process and greed, or disfunction at a high level, would you agree? Would you agree if this was your money being held, when it may and should have been reversed 5 days ago? Or if your bank account was negative? Or if you wanted to buy a train ticket to see family for thanksgiving but couldnt? I dont know your answer to any of these question I posed to you @Again, but I know you see there is skmething completely wrong on a human level with the comcast process.
Tags (1)
Official Employee

@CalvinRoweBB10. We understand your sense of urgency on this matter. Your internal ticket is currently escalated with the only team at Comcast who can review the payment refund request. This team is not customer facing and does not have a method to speak directly to you. As previously promised, I will provide you with an update via Private Message as soon as one becomes available. Thank you for your patience. 

Frequent Visitor

I've been very patient here Joe. I would like to understand why this process is taking so long?

Im looking for s straight answer to be honest. Why is this process of looking at my bill seeing a double payment as your reps have both via phone and via the internet, and understood the situation after looking at my account, and know what should be done, why is this matter escalated to a secure non customer facing room?

What is the reason this requires so much red tape? Please give me a straight answer this has been 5 days this has been going on.

I heard 10 different people say the same thing you said to me, Im sorry and I apologize.

If there was a sense of urgency on your end to be truley customer facing there would action behind these words.

I can understand they are not customer facing, however this "team" has to answer to someone who is.

Please help get down to the bottom of this matter instead of pressing a refresh buttom on if a ticket has been resloved. This has been over 5 days, it really says alit about what it means to flag and escalate an issue a customer and human, not a dollar sign is having with your company and service.
Frequent Visitor

As you were able to identify a "duplicate post" are you also able to identify the unauthorized payment to someone where my ticket may be expedited before Nov 23rd my billing date, and am I subject to my funds being held against my wishes from the 15th through the 20th?
Expert

@CalvinRoweBB10 wrote:
As you were able to identify a "duplicate post" are you also able to identify the unauthorized payment to someone where my ticket may be expedited before Nov 23rd my billing date, and am I subject to my funds being held against my wishes from the 15th through the 20th?

Everyone that can help you is doing the best they can to get this expedited and a refund on its way to you.  We all understand you're anxious about getting this resolved, and we certainly understand how you're feeling, but you're pretty much not going to get this resolved immediately.  The fact you have a corporate employee handling this for you is about all we can do at the moment.  I know it's hard to be patient right now, but that's what you need to be.  Hang in there.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Administrator

@CalvinRoweBB10,

We apologize for the inconvenience that you are experiencing with your refund request. Please remember that each ticket type has a different time frame for resolution. For customers who wish to receive a refund for a payment or credit balance on their account, including:

• Overpayment
  • Double payment

The estimated time of resolution for those ticket types is 7 business days. The ticket cannot be escalated further as it has already been escalated to the team responsible for working those issues. 

Posting multiple times about the same issue is a form of duplicate post and/or bumping, both of which violate our forum guidelines (found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Guidelines/td-p/3115028 & here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Guidelines/Xfinity-Forum-Acceptable-Use-Policy/td-p/2618379). We recommend that you please review those guidelines as repeated violations could result in a revocation of your Xfinity Forum posting privileges. 

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. I can assure you that you should be hearing from that team soon (based on the 11/16/18 date of ticket creation and the upcoming holiday) and that ComcastJoeTru will follow back up with you to ensure a resolution. 

Thanks for your time and consideration in this matter. 

Frequent Visitor

This ticket should have been created the 15th, when I placed my first call as soon as I noticed the unauthorized payment. Why was my first call and attempt to collect my unauthorized payment not noted as a ticket? Your representative stated they created a ticket on the 15th. It is now the 23rd and this unauthorized payment has yet to be processed, when this was immediately reported. This post was about bringing to light a process. Where is our restitution as customers here! Why am I to pay a bill due today, when now I have three days of overdraft fees that also need to be paid and take precendent, which would indeed take precedent over a 10 dollar late fee. Please explain why my ticket was not created the 15th? Are you going to extend my due by date? What are you doing to change this process, so this does not happen to future customers? How are you going to make changes to your policy and system to ensure corrective action sooner, when your company withholds unauthorized payments, overpayments and refunds? Most importanly unauthorized payments..
Official Employee

CalvinRoweBB10, we apologize for the time it has taken for resolution of your payment refund request. As of 11/23/2018, Our finance department was able to confirm reversal of the charge back to your card. They have advised to allow 3-5 business days for funds to clear. 

Thank you for being a valued customer.