Community Forum

Refund of credit to closed account

New Poster

Refund of credit to closed account

I have a rather large credit left on my account I closed in Oct. 2014. I moved out of the service area and when I try to call Comcast I get a recording that I am out of the service area and the call ends...This is the only way I found to get my voice out there...Is anyone listening that can help????

Expert

Re: Refund of credit to closed account

Since you can't get a hold of anyone, I will escalate this to the forum Administrator for further action.

Admin1

Hello h2ology2,

I've submitted a request to regenerate the refund and have it sent back out to you.

Thank You

New Poster

Thank You Zach, I tried the customer service chat line, they told me the refund will be sent to my old address, which I was not able to change unless I visited a service center. I drove an hour back to the center where they changed my address and said I need to go back to chat which is not allowing. This is exasperating, I'm sure it would be most convenient for this company to allow me to pay them $500 if I owed them, but they are not willing to return my $500. Frustrated!!!!!

Admin1

If we owe it to you, we will get it to you. I do see the address change happened. Once the refund is processed, it'll go to the updated address.

New Poster

Thank You Zach!

New Poster

Hello,

I also have a closed account with a credit and a new account that I transferred my service to.  Is there not a way to transfer that credited money over to the new account? If not, I'd still like the money sent back to me ASAP.

Thanks

-Justin

Problem Solver

Hello JMikeDoug,

I will be able to assist. We will look into this matter for you and reach back out to you as soon as possible.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi Justin , in reviewing your account I am showing that a check has already been mailed for this credit from the old account.

Thank you

New Poster

Hi Zach,

If you are still helping people with account refund issues, I have one that I need help with. I was supposed to receive a check for a large refund/credit. However, I fear my old roommate may have kept my mail, as I have received not enough mail in the USPS forwarding system. Is it possible for xfinity to do a direct deposit or to update my account mailing address and resend the check? Please let me know your expertise on this?

Thank you.

Ruby

Official Employee

Hello @RubyRayne. I'm responding on behalf of my colleague ComcastZach. I can assist with reviewing your account for the refund status. I can also request a re-issue and update your mailing address if needed. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.